This is to bring to all interested applicants who which to study international to do…
AfYWL Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 Portal is right here to give every interested individual the opportunity on the procedures to go about the AfYWL Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 Portal application and registration. The online form is opened for different available jobs who may have the requirements for the offshore recruitment. The requirements and the procedures for application are all listed below, so do well to follow those that needs it.
Most importantly, the benefit of the AfYWL Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 Portal is that no matter the country you are you can make any country of your choice and ensure you fill in your required details as appropriate as it should. Our Team is ever ready to keep you posted.
How to Apply for AfYWL Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 Portal
Eligibility Criteria for the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
To qualify for the UNDP and AUC Women Leaders Fellowship, applicants must duly meet the following requirements:
- Female candidates only.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Maximum one year (post master) of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2022/23 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
Objectives of the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
The fellowing are the objectives or pillars of the 12-month fellowship programme;
- Equipping outstanding young African women leaders with the leadership skills and experience required to advance the SDGs and Agenda 2063 and contribute effectively to decision-making in public, private and multilateral institutions at home and abroad.
- Creating a diverse pool of talent to enhance UNDP’s organizational efficiency and contribute to more responsive and effective policies and programmes.
- Developing a network of African young women professionals that engages in promoting innovative, sustainable and inclusive development through South-South development exchange.
Benefits of the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
Below are some of the benefits of the AfYWL Fellowship Programme by UNDP and AUC.
- The fellowship programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance,
- Each selected applicant will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at their respective duty station.
- An earmarked learning budget will be also allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities.
- Applicants should note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, physical travel will be dependent on the recommended guidelines of each recruiting office.
How to Apply for the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
- Interested and eligible applicants for the AfYWL fellowship programme should follow visit africa.undp.org
- Apply Now button below to complete the online application process.
- The application deadline is at the official website we will communicate to the and do stay in touch with us.
About African Young Women Leaders Fellowship
African Young Women Leaders Fellowship powered by the African Union Commission in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme is inviting applications from suitabe qualified African Women for a 12-month fellowship to equip young, talented and outstanding African Women.
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. The fellow may also be assigned to the UN Secretariat or the AU Commission.
For the second cohort (2021-2022), UNDP will work with the AUC and AU member states to enhance women’s leadership and representation in public and private institutions through targeted leadership training and capacity development to promote the participation of young women in decision-making roles.
The fellowship is a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Established under the framework of the AUC Chairperson’s 1 Million by 2021 Initiative, the fellowship aims to provide opportunities for African youth in the key areas of education, employment, entrepreneurship and engagement, and mainstream youth and women in key development spaces.
Do well to comment on this update if you have any questions as well as contributions to help get individuals inform on the latest development.
Dont forget to rate this post and do well to subscribe to our Newsletter and Facebook page.
Click Here to join our WhatsApp group