The long awaited DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form is now ongoing for all Applicant who may wish to apply for the ongoing application process. Do nite the requirements and qualifications to apply online. All eligible Applicant should proceed with the online application portal registration. The deadline for the submission of applications is Saturday, 31st December 2022
The management of University of Ilorin DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form has its approved and Accredited Courses in various departments and Faculties. Do follow the guidelines and procedures to apply below.
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form
DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form General Requirements
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate- recognized institution.
- They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
- Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- A candidate applying for PhD in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.)must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate
- Candidates applying for professional Master Degree must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
M.Phil degree Programme :The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) is an advanced Postgraduate research master programme, which is based entirely on taught course and an independent thesis under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The M.Phil Degree can be used to gain entry into a Ph.D programme. M.Phil Degree is on its own and there is no conversion from M.Phil to Ph.D. However, M.Phil degree can be used to gain entry to a Ph.D Programme.
Duration: The duration of the M.Phil programme is twelve (12) months for a regular or full-time M.Phil Degree and twenty-four (24) months for a part-time M.Phil degree.
M.Phil Entry Requirements: The M.Phil entry requirements are Master degree (M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc etc) with less than 60% average (i.e 50%-59%) or CGPA of 3.00-3.49.
Number of Courses: Three courses from relevant areas, which must include 1. Thesis 2. Research Methods and two relevant courses in the area of study
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form
List of Approved /Accreditated DELSU Postgraduate Courses Programmes
FACULTY / DEPARTMENT PROGRAMMES
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Extension: (i) Agric. Econs (ii) Agric. Ext. PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Animal Science: (i) Animal Science PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Fisheries: (i) Fisheries PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Crops Science with areas of specialization: (i)Crop Breeding (II) Plant Biotechnology(iii) Horticulture and Landscape Management (iv)Farming System and Crop Production(v) Crop Protection PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Soil Science with areas of specialization: (i)Soil Conservation and Management(ii) Soil Fertility Management (iii) Soil Pedology (iv)Soil Chemistry (v) Soil Bio-Remediation PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Forestry and Wildlife with areas of Specialization: (i) Agroforestry (ii) Siviculture (iii) Forestry Economics (iv) Wildlife Management (v) Wood Science (vi)Forest Biometrics PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF ARTS
English & Literary Studies English Language M.A & Ph.D.
Literature- in – English M.A & Ph.D.
Fine and Applied Arts: Master in Fine and Applied Arts: with specialization in Visual Arts:(i) Painting (ii) Graphics, (iii) Ceramics, (iv) Sculpture and (v) Textiles MFA
Art History M.A. & Ph.D.
Studio Art (i) Ceramics ii) Graphics (iii) Sculpture (iv) Painting & Textiles Ph.D.
History & International Studies: History M.A. & Ph.D.
International Studies M.A. & Ph.D.
Music: (i) Music PGDM; M.A. & Ph.D.
Religious Studies & Philosophy: Religious Studies (i) Old Testament (ii) New Testament (iii) Church History (iv) Africa Traditional Religion (v) Christian Theology (vi) Sociology of Religion (vii) Physiology of Religion M.A. & Ph.D.
Theatre Arts: Theatre Arts M.A. & Ph.D
Languages & Linguistics: (i) French Languages & Linguistics (ii) Literature in French(iii) Translation M.A.
(i) African Literature in French (ii) French Literature(iii) Comparative Literature (iv) French Language & Linguistics Ph.D
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Anatomy: Anatomy and Cell Biology M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Physiology: Physiology M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Community Medicine: Public Health M.Sc.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1. Dept: Educational Management & Foundations: options: (i) Educational Administration (ii) Educational Planning M.Ed. & Ph.D
2. Department of Guidance & Counseling: Options: (i) Guidance and Counseling (ii) Measurement and Evaluation (iii) Educational Psychology M.Ed. & Ph.D.
3. Library & Information Science: (i) Library & Information Science PGD, M.Sc.
(ii) Library Science Ph.D
4. Health Education: Health Education M.Ed. and Ph.D.
5. Human Kinetics, Recreation and Sport Science Education: Options:(i) Human Kinetics Education (ii) Sports Management (iii) Exercise Physiology & Sports Science Education M.Ed. and Ph.D.
6. Department of Science Education: (i) Science Education: Options: (a) Biology (b) Chemistry (c) Integrated Science (d) Mathematics M.Ed.
(ii) Science Education (iii) curriculum & Instruction M.Ed. and Ph.D.
7. Social Science Education: Social Studies Education M.Sc (Ed) & Ph.D.
8. Vocational Education: (i) Agricultural Education (ii) Home Economics M.Ed. & Ph.D.
9. Technical & Business Education: (i) Industrial Technology Education M.Sc. (Ed)
10. Institute of Education (i) Education PGDE
(ii) Basic Education PGDBE
(iii) Educational Management PGDEM
FACULTY OF LAW
Master of Laws; Master in Law and Diplomacy and Doctor of Philosophy in Law programmes MLD, LL.M. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
A. Chemical & Petroleum Engineering: Chemical Engineering: Areas of specialization: (i) Biochemical Engineering (ii) Chemical Reactions Engineering/Catalysis (iii) Environmental Engineering (iv) Materials/Polymer (v) Renewable Energy/Bio-energy (vi) Unit Operations. PGD, M. Eng. & Ph.D
Petroleum Engineering: Areas of specialization: (i) Corrosion Engineering
(ii) Fluid Dynamics and Transport (iii) Petrochemical/Petroleum Refining (iv) Oil & Gas Production and Fuel Technology (v) Drilling Engineering (vi) Reservoir Engineering M. Eng. and Ph.D.
B. Electrical/Electronic Engineering Areas of specialization: (i) Electric Power Systems and Machines (ii) Control and Instrumentation (iii) Electronic and Telecommunications (iv) Renewable Energy/Bioenergy PGD, M. Eng. & Ph.D
C. Electrical/Electronic Engineering Areas of specialization: (i) Electric Power Systems and Machines (ii) Control and Instrumentation (iii) Electronic and Telecommunications (iv) Renewable Energy/Bioenergy PGD, M. Eng. & Ph.D
D. Mechanical Engineering Areas of specialization: (i) Heat and Mass Transfer Engineering (ii) Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (iii) Industrial Metallurgy and Corrosion Management M. Eng. and Ph.D.
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
1. Accounting, Banking and Finance (i) Accounting PGD
(ii) Banking & Finance PGD & M.Sc.
2. Business Administration & Marketing (i) Management PGD, M.Sc.
(ii) Business Management: Specialization- (a) General Management (b) Human Resources Management (c) Entrepreneurship (d) Operations Research (e) Financial Management (f) Project Management Ph.D
(iii) Marketing: Specialization– (a) Strategic Marketing Management (b) Oil and Gas Marketing (c) Marketing Research (d) Digital Marketing (e) Political Marketing (f) Analytical Marketing (g) Financial Services Marketing (h) Marketing Communications PGD, M.Sc.Ph.D.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
1. Animal & Environmental Biology: (i) Environmental Biology PGD
(ii) Hydrobiology and Fisheries (iii) Entomology (iv) Parasitology(v) Pest and Disease Management M.Sc. and Ph.D.
2. Biochemistry: M.Sc. & Ph.D
3. Chemistry: (i) Chemistry PGD
(ii) Analytical/Environmental Chemistry (iii) Inorganic Chemistry (iv)Organic Chemistry (v) Physical Chemistry (vi) Industrial Chemistry M.Sc. & Ph.D.
4. Geology: (i) Engineering Geology/Environmental Geology/Hydrogeology (ii) Petroleum Geology (iii) Mineral Exploration M.Sc
5. Mathematics: (i) Mathematics (ii) Industrial Mathematics M.Sc & Ph.D.
6. Computer Science PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
7. Physics: (i) Geophysics (i) Solid State Physics (iii) Radiation & Health Physics (iv) Theoretical Physics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
8. Microbiology: (i) Environmental Microbiology (ii) Food Microbiology (iii)Industrial Microbiology. M.Sc. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
A. REGULAR PROGRAMMES
1.Business Administration: Business Management:- Areas of specialization: (i) Operational Management (ii) Human Resources Management (ii) Entrepreneurship (iv) General Management (v) Organizational Behaviour (vi) Corporate Finance (vii) Project Management M.Sc. & Ph.D.
2. Economics a. Economics: specialising in: (i) International Economics (ii) Public Finance (iii) Public Sector Economics (iv) Health Economics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
b. Environmental Economics: (i) Energy and Petroleum Economics(ii) Industrial Economics (iii) Development Economics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
c. Monetary and Banking Economics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
3. Geography and Regional Planning: Area of specialization:(i) Biogeography (ii) Climatology (ii) Environmental Resources Management (iii) Geographic Information System (GIS) (iv) Geomorphology (v) Industrial Geography (vi) Population Geography (vii) Regional Development and Planning (viii) Remote Sensing (ix) Rural Geography (x) Soil Geography (xi) Tourism and Recreational Planning (xii) Transportation Geography(xiii) Urban Geography (xiv) Hydrology and Water Resources Management M.Sc. & Ph.D
4. Mass Communication: Area of specialization: (i) Print Journalism (ii) Radio/ Television and Film (iii) Public Relations and Advertising M.Sc. & Ph.D.
5. Political Science Specialization:- (i) International Relations (ii) Comparative Politics (iii) Developmental/ Environmental Studies (iv) Political Theory M.Sc. & Ph.D.
(v) Public Administration PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
6. Sociology Areas of specialization: (a) Sociology of Development (b) Criminology and Security Studies (c) Industrial Sociology (d) Sociology of Health & Illness (e) Sociology of Quality of Life M.Sc. & Ph.D.
B. WEEKEND PROGRAMMES
1.Engineering: i. Professional Master programme in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engineering (MPRPCE).
ii. Professional Master programme in Renewable and Sustainable Energy (MRSE)
2. Business Administration: Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration PGDBA
Master programme in Business Administration:(i) General Management (ii) Human Resources Management (iii) Entrepreneurship MBA
3. Economics (i) Postgraduate Diploma programme in Petroleum Economics PGDPE
(ii) Professional Master programme in Energy and Petroleum Economics MEPE
4.Mass Communication (i) Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Management PGDCM
(ii) Professional Master Degree in Communication Management:(a) Public Relations (b) Advertising Management (c) Developmental Communication MCM
5. Political Science Professional Master programme in Public Administration MPA
Professional Master programme in Peace, Security and Development Studies MPSDS
6. Sociology: (i) Master in Crime Control MCC
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission
Candidates are required to visit https://portal.delsu.edu.ng/ and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2021/2022 PG Admission Form online and to also generate an application virtual pin of N31.000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
Note: Applicants are to upload scanned copies of the following documents in pdf format:
Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
A 3–5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website portal.delsu.edu.ng before completing the Application Form.
In addition, candidates are expected to download transcript forms and forward the same to their previous institutions. List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately
The deadline for the submission of applications is Saturday, 31st December 2022.
UNIJOS Postgraduate Admission Form
UNICAL Postgraduate School Fees/Tuition Fees
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form
RSUST Postgraduate Admission Form
LASU Postgraduate Clearance Procedure (Newly Admitted Students)
AAU Postgraduate Admission Form
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
DELSU Postgraduate Admission List
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
Thanks for staying in touch with us on DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Application Courses and Requirement