The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC Online Registration Portal is now on going for citizens of the country to exercise their civic right. The online Application is here to stay and this is to enable all Eligibility voters do well to cast their vote at the comfort of their home instead of having a long time line up at the INEC Registration Centre. The ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise ends by 30th June 2022.
However, cvr.inecnigeria.org Online registration ends 30th May 2022. You must complete your application and schedule your appointment for biometric capture before then.
Therefore, we will be showing you how you can register for INEC Registration using your Smartphone as fast as possible. Just as the online registration is done so as the General election will be done online at the comfort of ones zone. Noted that if you got the PVC in the past you don’t need to register for INEC PVC again. This registeration is for new applicant.
How to Register and Apply for INEC Online Registration at INEC Portal @cvr.inecnigeria.org
About INEC Registration
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
- The functions of INEC as contained in Section 15, Part 1 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (As Amended) and Section 2 of the Electoral Act 2010 (As Amended)
Requirements for INEC Online Registration Portal – Voter Registration
The following are the persons who can participate in 2022 INEC Online Registration;
- Nigerian citizens up to 18 years who are yet to register
- Also registered voters that have issues with accreditation during previous elections can apply to have their Permanent Voter Card PVC.
Importance of INEC Online Registration Portal for PVC Collection
- The INEC Registration portal is opened and launched for Nigerians
- Nigerians can fill in all their details and print out the slip.
- INEC launched the dedicated portal last week. This is unlike the previous years where prospective voters queued in various centres to register and obtain their voter’s cards.
- The portal will help Nigerians start the registration process online and then make an appointment for a date and time to visit an INEC State or Local Government Area (LGA) office to give their fingerprints and complete the registration.
- Another beautiful thing is that one can register to replace lost or damaged permanent voters cards or update your biodata.
- It is also open to people who have transferred their registrar or done any correction of names or other details
How to Register and Apply for INEC Online Registration at INEC Portal
- First of all visit the INEC Application Portal @ https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Proceed to enter all necessary documents
- If all necessary information as expected.
- You are good
How to Register for Permanent Voter Card PVC at Accreditated Centre
How to Get Biometric Done for Voter Registration
- After the online registration, you have to proceed to INEC offices at the local government area near you or any designated centre that INEC provides along with your printed slip.
- Do well to visit the LGAs, a biometric capture will be done after which you will get temporary voter cards.
Note: Nigerians are warned against doing double registration as the system would detect that and such a person’s registration could be cancelled. They could also be liable to prosecution at the court and face the law.
How to Check Voter Registration Status
The status of your INEC Online Registration Portal could be checked if it is successful or not. This can be done by following the steps below;
- You can check your voter registration status by clicking this link Register of Voters
- You can use your Voter’s Identification Number (VIN) or your name and date of birth to locate your registration.
Other Things to Do on INEC Pvc Registration Portal
If you have registered and want to change your voting location to another polling unit, click the button below to begin the process
If you have registered and want to update or correct the information on your Voter’s Card, click the button below to begin the process.
COLLECT YOUR PVC
If you have registered previously and you have not gotten your Permanent Voters Card (PVC), click the button below to find out where you can pick your PVC.
LOST OR DAMAGED PVC
If you have misplaced your PVC or if your PVC is damaged and you would like a replacement, click the button below to apply for a reissue.
Continuous Voter Registration CVR Deadline
- The ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise ends by 30th June 2022.
- Online registration ends 30th May 2022. You must complete your application and schedule your appointment for biometric capture before then.
Note : This will enable the Commission to clean up the registration data, print the Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) and compile the register ahead of the 2023 General Elections.
About INEC Online Registration Voter Card Guidelines for Application
- INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, said the commission was not only ready to proceed with the exercise but has also made arrangements to ease the process for both Nigeria’s citizens and its staff.
- He said the commission had launched its portal where potential voters could commence the registration process online by filling the forms and other documents before completing the exercise at available offices.
- He also disclosed the commission’s plan to deploy 5,346 staff to the 2,673 registration centres nationwide.
Message from INEC Chairman for INEC Continious Voter Registration Online
- I am pleased to introduce the Commission’s online portal for the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR).
- Since the resumption of voter registration on a continuous basis in 2017, the Commission has been looking at ways to make voter registration easier, more accessible, and user-friendly not only to the multitude of prospective registrants, but also to registered voters who may wish to transfer their registration or have had their
- Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) missing or defaced. This is one of the Commission’s innovations to enhance voter experience by making the registration exercise faster, easier, and less crowded than before.
- Given the lingering COVID-19 situation, the new registration solution will help decongest registration centers, reduce delays, and allow prospective registrants to schedule appointments and monitor their applications from the comfort of their homes.
- The portal allows a two-step registration process in which first, prospective registrants login to pre-register by providing their basic biodata and some biometrics and second to complete the registration by physically presenting themselves at a designated registration center of their choice.
- This considerably eases the process as a substantial part of the exercise would have been completed online before physical contact with registration officials. I urge all eligible Nigerians to take advantage of the services offered by the Commission through this portal.
- Professor Mahmood Yakubu
INEC CVR Website
Notice and Warning to All Applicant
- To register complaints outside of PVCs, INEC has a dedicated Citizens Contact Centre (ICCC). The ICCC is a situation room that gives people daily access to the agency to make inquiries or exchange information.
- According to the agency, the public can get real-time responses to incident reports, complaints, and queries about any issue with the electoral process at the Centre.
- The ICCC is available for use by the public during the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR). Hotlines for the Centre can be found here.
- The Centre can also be accessed through INEC’s website, Facebook page, verified
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required about INEC Portal.
Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.