This is to inform you that the River State University RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Admission Form is currently ongoing for all Interested Applicant who wish to apply in RSU Part-Time Postgraduate School studies Admission Form. All Applicant should note the requirements and proceedure to apply for the Masters and PhD Programmes.
Therefore, before anyone get to apply online get to note the requirements for online RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Admission Form Application in Application Portal. We have got the basic steps by steps procedure to enable our readers get to carry out the online registration successful. Ensure you note the RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Registration Deadline below.
How to Apply for RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Admission Form
RSUST Part-Time Postgraduate Admission Form Requirements
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants with the qualifications in the under listed categories shall be eligible for admission into the postgraduate programmes;
- However, candidates must also fulfill the matriculation requirements of Rivers State University, Nkpolu- Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt as stated below:-
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ordinary level credit passes which must include English Language and Mathematics.
A. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA
Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Management Sciences; A candidate will be admitted into this programme if he/she posses the following:
- Five Credits including English Language, Mathematics and Economics at 0/Level;
Higher National Diploma of Upper Credit classification in any of the disciplines in in Management Sciences/Business Administration from recognized Polytechnics or Universities approved by the Senate of RSU.
- Bachelor Degree with at least second class division from areas not related to Business.
- Bachelor degrees not lower than third class division in Management Sciences of recognized Universities.
Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in law are expected to possess any of the following minimum requirements:
- A First Degree in Law with a minimum of Third Class (Honors) Degree.
- A Pass Degree with at least five (5) years working experience
- Candidate should have a minimum of five (5) credits at the O’ Level with Credits in English Language and Mathematics
B. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A candidate seeking admission into the Part-time Master’s degree programme must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline.
- For admission into M Sc in Management Sciences a candidate is required to possess:
Bachelor degrees not lower than SECOND CLASS DIVISION in relevant areas or any related discipline in Business from any recognized institutions approved by the Senate of RSU.
- First class degree holders in Arts or Science or HND in UPPER CREDIT DIVISION and above who have successfully completed a PGD or MBA degree in relevant areas.
- Candidates seeking admission into the LLM Degree must possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree (LLB) inlaw with a second class Honors (Lower Division) from this orany other recognized University orA
- Postgraduate Diploma in law passed at the credit level obtained from this University or any other recognized University.
- Candidates seeking admission into the MALD Programme must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Laws (LLM) Degree with a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or a First Degree in any other field with a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or a
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law passed at the credit level obtained from this University or any other approved University.
C. PhD PROGRAMMES
- A candidate for a PhD programme shall posses the following:
- A Master’s degree with a CGPA of 3.50 or above, on a five-point grade system, in a relevant discipline, obtained from the Rivers State University or any other recognized institution of higher learning of equivalent status.
Candidates for the PhD Degree in the Part-Time Programme in Faculty of Management Sciences should possess any of the following:-
- A Master of Philosophy in the relevant area as indicated above from a recognized University with a CGPA of not less than 3.50.
For M Sc/PhD candidate should possess MBA degree with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on a 5-point scale or 3.00 and a 4-point scale in Management Sciences Disciplines from any recognized institution approved by the senate of RSU.
MSc. Degree in Management Sciences Disciplines from any recognized university with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on a 5-point scale from a recognized University.
Candidates for the (PhD) Degree in the Part-Time Programme in the Faculty of Law should possess any of the following:-
- A Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- A Master of Laws (LLM) Degree from any approved University with research dissertation and a weighted course work average of not less than 60% or a C.G.P.A of at least 3.50
Note: In addition to the conditions above, a candidate may be required to present himself/herself for a selection test and/or oral interview.
Duration of RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Programmes
- The Part-Time PhD Programme in the Faculty of Management Sciences shall run for a minimum of four (4) years of eight (8) semesters.
- Two years of four (4) semesters of course work and two years of four (4) semesters of Seminars and thesis writing. The maximum number of years is six (6) years.
- The MSc/PhD Programme shall run for a minimum of four (4) years of eight (8) semesters. One year of two (2) Semesters MSc course work, Two years of four (4) Semesters of PhD course work and Seminars; and one year of two (2) semesters of thesis writing. The maximum number of years is six (6) years.
- Two Part-Time MSc Programme shall run for a minimum of three (3) years of six (6) semesters.
- Two years of four (4) Semesters of course work and one year of two (2) semesters of dissertation writing. The maximum number of years is four (4) years.
- The Part-Time PGD Programme shall run for a minimum of two (2) years of four (4) semesters.
- The maximum number of years is three (3) years of six semesters.
RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Courses
A. FACULTY OF LAW
PGD in the following areas:
- Petroleum and Environmental Law
Land Law and Land Administration
Labour Law and Industrial Relations
Master of Laws (LLM)
MA in Law and Diplomacy
PhD in Law, with the following options:
International Law and Human Rights
Petroleum and Environmental Law
Business and Industrial Relations Law
Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence
Property and Compensation Law
B. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
PGD in the following Areas:
- Office and Information Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Department of Accountancy
M Sc in the following areas:
- Public Sector Accounting
- M Sc/PhD, Ph D in the following areas
- Public Sector Accounting
Department of Banking and Finance
- M Sc, M Sc/PhD, Ph D in the following areas:
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Market
Department of Management
M Sc, M Sc/PhD,Ph D in the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Relations
- Business Policy
- Organizational Behaviour
Department of Marketing
M Sc, M Sc/PhD, Ph D in the following:
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Department of Office and Information Management
M Sc, M Sc/PhD, Ph D in Office and Information Management.
RSUST Part-Time Postgraduate Admission Form Duration
FOR THE FACULTY OF LAW PROGRAMMES THE DURATION SHALL BE
- The Part-Time PhD Programme with M. Phil shall run for a minimum of four (4) years of Eight (8) Semesters. Two years of four (4) Semesters of course work and two years of four (4) Semesters of Seminars and thesis writing.
- The maximum number of years is six (6) years for PhD with M.Phil.
The Part-Time PhD programme with an LLM shall run for a minimum period of Four (4) years of Eight (8) Semesters and a maximum period of six (6) years of twelve (12) Semesters.
- Two (2) years shall be for course work and Two (2) years for thesis writing.
The LLM Programme shall run for a minimum of Three (3) years consisting of two (2) years course work of Four (4) Semesters and a dissertation in the 3rd year.
- The Maximum duration of this programme is Four (4) years of Eight (8) Semesters.
- The MALD programme shall run for a minimum of Three (3) years consisting of two (2) years, of course work and a year of dissertation writing. The maximum shall be 5 years or 10 Semesters.
- The PGD programme at the Diploma Level will run for Two (2) years of Four (4) Semesters minimum and 4 years (Semesters) maximum.
- Unless otherwise stated, part-time studies in any Faculty, where it is available, will take twice the duration allowed for the corresponding full-time programmes.
How to Apply for RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Form
- Applications for admission to any postgraduate programme shall be made on-line by logging onto www.rust.edu.ng and making an e-payment of Thirty-five Thousand Naira (N35,000.00) only, using interswitch verve – enabled cards.
How to Apply for RSU Part-Time Postgraduate Form
Application forms should be completed on-line, downloaded and hard copies submitted to the Secretary, Postgraduate School along with the following:
- Photocopies of Certificates.
- Certified academic transcripts. (It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that copies of their academic transcripts are forwarded under confidential cover directly to The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Rivers State University, Nkpolu- Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt).
- Letter of reference from three referees, including one from a previous academic institution, stating that applicant is qualified to undertake advanced studies and research and that the Referee is confident that the applicant will benefit from the training.
- For PhD applicants, brief research proposals on their intended areas of study should also accompany the application forms.
- All applicants should NOTE that Part-Time programmes are usually run in the evenings.
Rivers State University RSU Application Portal Deadline
- The deadline for submission of applications online and at the Postgraduate School is January 31, 2023.
Thanks for staying in touch with us and ensure to join our WhatsApp group and Facebook page.