This is an invite to all Applicant who wish to…
This is to inform the public on the new University of Benin, UNIBEN Centre of Excellence in Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering postgraduate programmes admission is available for all eligible candidates who may find this program interesting.
Therefore, make use this great opportunity for UNIBEN Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering Admission Form Screening Application. The requirements and procedures for online application are listed below. Do well to follow the steps as listed in this update.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering Admission Form
THE PROGRAMMES AND DISTINCTIVENESS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following postgraduate programmes of the NNPC/Shell JV Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum
- Engineering, University of Benin:
M.Sc. Integrated Petroleum Exploration and Evaluation Studies (Geology Option)
- M.Sc. Integrated Petroleum Exploration and Evaluation Studies (Geophysics Option)
- M.Sc. Integrated Petroleum Engineering and Production Studies
- The programmes are intended for highly motivated graduates wishing to pursue professional careers in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, including practising professionals currently employed in the Exploration and Production industry as well as Geoscience Agencies and Consulting firms or organizations.
- The programmes will be offered on full-time basis for a full period of 18 calendar months which includes a mandatory six months internship in an Exploration &Production Company or other Geosciences Organizations and Agencies geared towards executing a practical research project.
- Applications are invited from interested candidates as well as staff of corporate organizations and relevant agencies.
- Chargeable fees for the programmes are competitive and comparable with the quality of learning delivered.
- Applicants are advised to apply for external sponsorships.
Intended Applicants must possess either of the following:
- First degree from recognized Universities, in Geology, Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering, with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division grade.
- First degree in any other relevant fields in the Physical Sciences or Engineering with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division grade.
UNIBEN Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering Admission Form
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should visit the waeup.uniben.edu website.
Click on the CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE 2023/2024 CYCLE APPLICATION.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION after reading the instructions on the page.
- Follow the relevant steps outlined.
Payment is via the Interswitch platform, which uses any valid ATM or CASHCARD for any commercial bank in Nigeria.
- Photocopies of the degrees (academic transcripts to be requested from awarding institutions and sent to the Postgraduate School).
- Letter of recommendation from at least three (3) referees, one of who must be an academic staff of the department from the graduating institution.
- Corporate bodies and agencies that wish to nominate their staff can do so by endorsing completed application forms as sponsors and requesters.
- All candidates must provide a brief description in not more than one page of their work experience and current task(s) and how the training will add value to them.
- Application forms should be submitted online by 15th November 2022 to:
University of Benin, Benin City.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview towards final selection into the programme.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, operator of the NNPC/Shell/TotalEnergies/Agip JV, and University of Benin established the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering (CoE), University of Benin, in 2012 under a Trust Deed and Governance Framework. Academic activity began in the 2013/2014 academic year.
The Centre’s programmes are integrated, with the goal of generating skilled professional graduates in important areas of geosciences and petroleum engineering, such as exploration, appraisal, development, production, and value generation in the Oil and Gas and Allied sectors.
At the time of graduation, students would have gained the necessary abilities to function effectively as young professionals in the oil and gas business. The training programmes provided by the Centre ensure that graduates are equipped with current knowledge of ideas and skills, current technologies and methodologies, and the ability to adapt to changing demands in the dynamic, technologically-driven oil and gas industry and allied fields.
Furthermore, the programmes provide leadership training to prepare graduates to be functional and productive in the multidisciplinary approach required to solve subsurface problems in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering. The programmes are carried out using a well-structured, strong academia-industry relationship in both curriculum and delivery.
So far, the Centre has graduated seven (7) sets totaling 102 students. 91% of this group is already working, with 44% in tenured technical positions in major Nigerian oil and gas corporations and 23% in academia. The remaining are employed by the government or in private practise.