This is to inform the general public that York University 2024 Presidential Scholarship for International Students is now open for all eligible applicants. The qualifications and skills to register for the scholarship is updated below.
Therefore, the application Deadline for York University 2024 Presidential Scholarship for International Students is updated below. Do well to follow up on the registration process.
How to Apply for York University 2024 Presidential Scholarship for International Students
Benefits of York University Presidential Scholarship
For the York University Presidential Scholarship:
- Twenty (20) students are awarded a scholarship of $180,000.00 each, valued at $45,000/year.
- It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains good academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $180,000 over four years
Requirements for York University Presidential Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for the undergraduate York University Presidential Scholarship, applicants must:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2024
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies (not applicable to Tentanda Via Award)
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent (where applicable)
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement (where applicable)
- Must upload one letter of recommendation or other supporting documents as applicable
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2024 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2024 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
Documents Required for Application
- Personal statement from applicant (500 words or less),
- Financial profile,
List of activities and
- Volunteer experiences and
- One letter of reference.
How to Apply
All eligible international students are to apply via the online application form.
The President’s International Scholarship of Excellence will be awarded to international high school applicants who are entering their first year of a four-year undergraduate degree program at York University and demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to volunteer work and extracurricular activities, and leadership skills.
A minimum 80% (A) final admission average is required for consideration. Financial need may also be considered in the selection process.
Recipients will represent a variety of regions around the world and will be referred to as “President’s International Scholars”
February 1, 2024
About York University
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university and it has approximately 55,700 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and over 315,000 alumni worldwide.
It has eleven faculties, including the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Faculty of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Schulich School of Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, Glendon College, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Graduate Studies. https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/financing-your-degree/scholarships-bursarie
Thanks for staying in touch with us on York University Presidential Scholarship 2024 for International Students