We wish to invite you for LASU Postgraduate Admission Form…
ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form is inviting all interested Applicant for the ongoing application process for ATBU Postgraduate Admission studies as required and qualified candidate for application. Ensure you apply before the closing date.
Generally, note the procedure for ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form application process and guildlines for online application form.
ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form Programme Requirements
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the
- O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least Third Class Honours Degree.
- HND holders with a minimum of Lower Credit from recognised institutions.
- Holders of any other qualifications together with relevant field experience as deemed acceptable to the University.
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- Candidates with approved University Honours Degree (CGPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 5.00 point) or CGPA of 2.40 – 2.99 inclusive plus three years post-graduation.
- Candidates with Third Class honours degree plus five years post-graduation.
- Appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least a pass at credit level.
- Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with an average of C or above
- Candidates who possess a Higher National Diploma with at least a credit pass from recognised institutions and at least a pass at credit level of Postgraduate Diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the relevant areas.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a qualifying examination either before approval of registration or at an appropriate stage of their course work or research.
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) and Masters by Research Degrees
Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Institutions who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- A good Second Class Honours Degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who hold Masters Degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study
- Graduates of other recognised Universities who hold Masters Degrees with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 5.00
- Candidates for the PhD programmes may be required to pass a qualifying examination and/or undergo a probationary period not exceeding 12 calendar months.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Duration
PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS FULL TIME
- Minimum Maximum
Post Graduate Diploma 12 24
- Master Degree 18 36
Doctorate Degree 24 60
PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS PART-TIME
- Minimum Maximum
Post Graduate Diploma NIL NIL
Master Degree NIL NIL
Doctorate Degree 36 84
*Note that the duration for Engineering Postgraduate Diploma courses is minimum of 24 months and maximum of 48 months.
How to Apply for ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Application forms are to be completed online before closing date, 2022. Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with scanned copies of their credentials.
- Ensure that only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used as further correspondence will be through this channels.
- Ensure that the online form is carefully and correctly completed as corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of online application and submission will attract a fee.
- It is mandatory for Applicants to make arrangements with their previous institutions to forward a hard copy of their Transcript to the Head of the Department of their proposed Programmes.
- No candidate will be considered for admission without a valid transcript.
- applicants must upload a Pre-proposal or Synopsis and ensure a hard copy is sent by post to the I lead of Department of your proposed programme.
- Applicants without NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate need NOT apply.
- Candidates applying for admission in Professional Master degree programmes are expected to sit for screening test at dates to be announced by faculty.
Thanks for staying in touch with us