This is to inform the general public that Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship 2023 Programme is currently ongoing for all eligible applicant. The basic requirements and procedures to apply online.
The basic requirements for Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship 2023 Programme is currently ongoing for all qualified Applicant.
How to Apply for FES Scholarship Programme
Benefits of FES Scholarship Programme
- Foreign scholarship holders receive:
934 € per month (basic scholarship programme) / 1.200 € per month (graduate scholarship programme)
276 € of family allowance, if applicable
Refund of health care costs
- Any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
- FES expects scholarship holders:
To participate in extra-curricular seminars and activities of FES campus groups on a regular basis
- To achieve above-average results in their degree courses
- To continue and intensify their socio-political commitment.
Requirements for FES Scholarship Programme Qualification
Required Languages: English / German
Eligible Countries: Gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- Admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
Sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
Candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- Above-average performance in school and studies
Personality – we are looking for applicants with the following:
Thirst for knowledge
Tolerance and openness
Interview date, Process and Venue for FES Scholarship Programme
- The FES supports
All academic subjects
Students from public or state-approved universities and from universities of applied sciences/polytechnical colleges (FH)
- The FES does not support
Second degree courses
Study visits outside Germany
Final phases of academic studies
Postgraduate courses in medicine
How to Apply for Scholarship Programme
- Self-application: Please use the “Online-Bewerbung” on the Internet – in German only!supplementary sheet
Individual interviews: In a second step, selected candidates will be invited to two individual interviews.
- The first interview will be conducted by one of the lecturers from the FES, and the second interview by one of the members of the FES scholarship committee (AWA).
- Two reports are written on the basis of these interviews and presented to the AWA.
- Discussion and final decision by the AWA: The AWA will eventually make a final decision about your application. The AWA is an independent body composed of university lecturers as well as other persons from the fields of science, politics, art and media.
- The committee meets at least three times a year. The AWA will discuss every application at great length and then make the final decision.
- Written notification: You will be notified of the AWA’s decision.
For more details, visit FES website.
About Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its foundation in 1925. The foundation owes its formation and its mission to the political legacy of its namesake Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected German President.
The work of our political foundation focuses on the core ideas and values of social democracy – freedom, justice and solidarity. This connects us to social democracy and free trade unions.
Thanks for staying in touch with us on Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship 2023 Programme