This is to bring to the notice of the general public that the application for Ghent University Association Short Stay Research Fellowships 2023 Portal is currently on going for all eligible applicant.
The basic requirements and procedures to access the Ghent University Association Short Stay Research Fellowships Application Portal is updated below. Do well to follow the steps below to apply.
How to Apply for Ghent University Association Short Stay Research Fellowships 2023/2024 Portal
About the Fellowship
GAP hosts five visiting research fellows annually. Successful candidates will spend a minimum of two weeks at Ghent University or one of its associated University Colleges at any time during 2024. The visiting scholars are expected to actively participate in the research unit’s academic activities, including giving at least one lecture or seminar to fellow researchers and students. Therefore, having an excellent command of English or French is essential.
- The fellowship includes a €1,000 grant and one round-trip flight ticket.
- The grant is designed to cover or contribute towards travel and accommodation costs and living expenses for a minimum stay of two weeks.
- Visiting scholars will also have access to office space and other facilities, such as the university library.
- It should be noted that the fellowship may not fully cover all the costs associated with the research stay, and candidates may need to source additional research funding.
This fellowship is open to postdoctoral researchers (including junior and senior lecturers and professors) affiliated with an African higher education or research institution.
In 2023, only applicants affiliated with universities in the following countries (Cluster 1) will be considered: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauretania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, and Western-Sahara.
The selection procedure will take into account:
- The candidate’s profile, including CV and scientific achievements (25%)
- The motivation, feasibility, and academic quality of the research plan (25%)
- The added value/sustainability of the research stay on future departmental and institutional collaboration (50%)
- Preference will be given to new collaborations and interdisciplinary forms of research.
How to Apply
- Applications should be in English or French and submitted by email to Annelies.Verdoolaege@UGent.be as one PDF file no later than October 1, 2023.
- The application form should include personal information, a cover letter, a research plan, a budget, a list of the three most significant publications, and the signatures of the applicant and the Ghent University promotor.
Thanks for staying in touch with us on Ghent University Association Short Stay Research Fellowships 2023 Portal