This is to inform the general public that the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Form is now made available for all who may be interested to apply for ongoing application. The requirements and qualifications to apply are all listed in this update. Do well to follow the procedure listed below.
We therefore advise that Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Form Registrstion should be followed squarely inorder not to make any form of mistake. Do well to apply using the application Portal. Ensure you apply before the closing date.
How to Apply for Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Form
Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Form Requirements
Post UTME – ND Programme
- Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication
Five S.S.C.E credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- Prospective candidates are expected to obtain the approved cut-off mark in the 2022 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication
- Five Credit pass as it is for admission into National Diploma
National Diploma in Mass Communication with a minimum of Lower Credit from a recognised and NBTE-accredited institution.
- Evidence/Proof of a one-year mandatory Industrial Attachment.
Admission is made directly by the Institution.
- At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded a Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes
NIJ PGD programmes – Postgraduate
- Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations/Advertising.
- You must pass the following subject(s) in O’Level obtained at not more than 2 sittings.
- A credit pass in Mathematics
- A credit pass in English Language and at least credit pass in 3 other subjects
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
- The School runs specialised short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialised areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas.
- There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
- You must pass the following subject(s) in O’Level obtained at not more than 2 sitting
- A credit pass in Mathematics
- A credit pass in English Language
and at least credit pass in 3 other subjects
Duration of NIJ Programmes
National Diploma (ND)
The programme is of four semesters (Two Academic Sessions) duration for Full-Time students and Six Semester (Three Academic Sessions) for Part-Time students.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
The programme is Four-Semester (Two Academic Sessions) for Full-Time students and Six Semesters (Three Academic Sessions) for Part-Time students.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
The programme is of Two semesters (One Academic Session) duration for Full Time and Three semesters for Part-Time students.
How to Apply for the Nigerian Institute of Journalism Admission Form
Interested persons should apply through the links below:
- The application form fee is non-refundable.
- The application form can be saved with a view of completion at a later date.
- An application cannot be submitted if the application fee is not paid at the end of the form.
- After submission of your form, you can always check the status of your application by logging into the portal again. However, you will receive important email messages as it relates to your application status.
- The date of the examination for ND (part-time), HND and PGD shall be communicated to Applicants.