This is to inform the general public that the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Application Portal is currently ongoing for various interested candidates who which to apply for the on going programme. Meanwhile, there are some requirements that one have to put in place to be eligible for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Portal programme. Do well to note the basic requirements that one have to have before applying for the programme. Don’t loose this great opportunity coming your way.
Meanwhile, we will also be drawing your attention to all basic benefit one can derive from the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Portal to go about the programme. Keep on reading for more information and update for registration. If you have being able to go through the online update ensure you fill in the correct details and information. Keep reading for means for Indigenes to Study at TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme.
How to Apply for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
General Eligibility TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
Candidates for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- hold a Masters Degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry. S/He must have completed at least a total 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
- be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre. Prospective applicants are advised to visit the S.N.
- Bose National Centre’s website www.bose.res.in Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Dean (Academic
- Programme), S.N. Bose National Centre for Sciences by e-mail (email@example.com) or fax: (+91) 33 2335 3477.
- In contacting the Dean (Academic Programme), applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
About TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
The Centre carries out the following research activities:
- Linear and Non-linear spectroscopy, Ultrafast molecular processes and spectroscopy, Ultrafast dynamics in biological macromolecules and magnetization, Ultrafast laser induced processes, Soft condensed matter systems of chemical and biological interests, mesocopic physics, ionic liquids, multi-component liquid mixtures, supercooled melts, supercritical fluids, bio-nano interface, nano-magnetism, magnonic crystals, micromagnetic simulations, Nanomaterials in general, and Physics of Correlated oxides, low dimensional systems, magnetic shape memory alloys, dilute magnetic semi-conductors, multi-ferroic materials, thin films of metals and oxides, electronic, magnetic and structural properties of complex materials, superconductivity, strongly correlated electronic systems, quantum many-body physics, micromagnetic and monte carlo simulation of static and dynamic properties of nanomagnets, theoretical study of thermalconductivity, Ab initio plane wave pseudo-potential calculation, strongly correlated electron systems, electronic structure and transport through nano-materials.
- Quantum field theory, mathematical physics, cognitive science, granular physics, non-commutative quantum mechanics, statistical physics, non-linear dynamics, turbulences, lattice gauge theories, representation theory of lie groups and coherent states, quantum optics, black holes, constrained dynamics, quantum gravity, quantum spin systems, collective behaviour and emergent phenomena, explosive percolation, complex networks and critical phenomena.
- Cosmology, Relativistic Astrophysics, ionospheric science, Astrochemistry.
Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option), or may enrol in a PhD course at the S.N. Bose National Centre (FULL-TIME option). In both cases, the programme entails only one journey to the host country.
Admission to the PhD programme at the S.N. Bose National Centre will depend on the successful completion of coursework (about one year’s duration).
S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided. The monthly stipend does not cover comprehensive health insurance.
- The Centre does however deduct a small contribution towards a Contributory Medical Scheme. The benefits are partial reimbursement of Doctor’s fees, medicines and/or hospitalization costs, if any, and only for costs incurred in Kolkata. The reimbursement structure is along the lines of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) of the Government of India.
The S.N. Bose Centre does not provide comprehensive health or medical insurance to its staff or students. All SN Bose-TWAS fellows must have their own “Medical Insurance” before joining the programme to cover medical emergencies.
The language of instruction is English.
How to Apply for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- First of all visit the official website @ https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-sn-bose-postgraduate-fellowship-programme
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for
Applications for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio.
- Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
- All applicant should do well to stay in touch with us for all application Deadline as expected.
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required about Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment Portal. Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Mummylizzysblog.com.ng is here to serve you well as expected.