This is to inform the general public that the Action Against Hunger Recruitment have given an opportunity to all eligible Applicant to apply for Action Against Hunger Recruitment Job Vacancies. The basic requirements and qualifications are all listed below.
However, it’s important that all Applicant should take note of Applications deadline and procedures to apply for Action Against Hunger Recruitment Job Vacancies online application form.
How to Apply for Action Against Hunger Recruitment Portal
Job Title: Operations Support Coordinator
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Technical Manager: Deputy Country Director-Support
LIne Manager: Area Coordinator
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Proposed Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking to fill the role of Operations Support Coordinator to join the team in Maiduguri, Borno state.
The Operations Support Coordinator provides leadership and management of all the Support Service functions and systems at regional/field level, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management, to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with AAH Mission in Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the field support aspects of the Country strategic plan;
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Support Department regional strategic plan (Finance, Logistics, Admin and Human Resources);
- Monitoring on progress of the support department plans, and reporting on a quarterly basis;
- Ensuring inter and intra departmental coordination between support and program implementation teams for the development of planning and management tools such as the mission funding plan, HR forecasting, supply plan and equipment forecasts among others;
- Conducting regular analysis of field structure costs, to ensure synergy with overall mission structure and strategy, in order to ensure quality proposal development;
- Provide technical and operational guidance to Monguno and Damasak team. Ensure that their support needs are addressed for smooth and effective project implementation;
- Coordination and development of the support aspects of proposal writing and budget building (forecast of specific logistics needs, support HR needs) in line with donor regulations and ACF internal procedures;
- Anticipation of complex procurement, importation, finance or HR requirements;
- Maintaining effective and timely implementation of support needed for each project;
- Alerting the Field Coordination to any unforeseen challenges and proposing mitigation/corrective measures to be implemented;
- Identifying the constraints and opportunities within HR, logistics, admin and finance in relation to any potential humanitarian response, and briefing the Field Coordinator and departmental/ project managers accordingly.
- Line managing Finance, HR and logistics Field Managers: Assigning objectives, performing regular coordination meetings with the finance, HR and logistics managers to ensure sound management of individuals and synergy of objectives/vision among the team.
Ensuring that ACF financial, logistics and HR Guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure organizational compliance with donor policies and guidelines, in addition to country specific (Nigerian) regulations.
- Coordination with finance and logistics managers to ensure synergy between cash flow and procurement planning to meet operational need.
- Ensuring that a robust system of controls is in place and maintained.
Facilitating meetings with support department and project managers on a regular basis to ensure coordination of all cross-over issues.
- Facilitating effective communications between Field Coordinators, and field level support managers to ensure support department performance remains optimal.
- Developing where needed, clear guidelines, ways of working and tools to ensure a more effective support to program development and implementation.
- Promoting respect of the ACF Charter, and working to prevent all forms of abuse of power or position.
- Coordination between field logistic, finance and HR departments to ensure all procedures related to purchasing, reporting, archiving and tax liability are strictly adhered to.
- Carry out and document systematic and spot control within logistics, finance and HR activities
Supervise implementation of audit action points in the base;
- Ensuring that payroll, taxes, insurance and other deductible contributions are accounted, paid, and reconciled properly;
- Lead external audit preparedness activities in the base in collaboration with support HoDs and audit HOD;
- Serve as base focal person for all fraud and misconduct cases whenever required;
- Participating in identifying operational risks and keep the operational risks register regularly updated;
- Follow up implementation of operational risks mitigation measures and raise alert when required;
- Provide oversight function in ensuring that all ACF policies and procedures are adhered to by the support team in Monguno, Damasak and Maiduguri Field Offices.
- Prepare and share/submit OSCO monthly report on time to provide insight into the overall efficiency of the organization;
- Ensure monthly Logistics, Supply, Finance and HR reports are prepared and submitted on time.
Effective reporting and sharing of information from meetings or training with relevant personnel
Ensure feedback and recommendations from HoDs on monthly reports are integrated and implemented for a continuous quality in reporting;
- Providerelevant input to the mission monthly sitrep.
Working with Programme Managers and Support department heads to learn departmental needs and goals;
- Observing, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made;
- Identifying and resolving any problems that will occur in the operation processes;
- Designing and maintaining clear operational guides to ensure consistency of operations;
- Collaborating with management and executives to set departmental and organization-wide goals;
Maintenance of high technical standards;
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task;
- The employee is also required to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
Qualifications and Requirements
Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics and / or Social / Humanitarian / Development Studies or equivalent;
Minimum of 3 years humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role in complex emergency/insecure context;
Excellent verbal and written English language skills;
Signification experience (min. 5 years) with INGOs in emergency and complex settings;
Proven management and coordination skills (Finance, HR, and Logistics);
Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills;
Diplomacy, negotiation and mediation skills;
Excellent organizational, leadership, and motivational/training skills and experience;
Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance;
The person must be able to set own deadlines and meet them consistently;
Practical experience and/or training in safety and security management;
Proven experience in proposal writing and budget development;
HR management experience and financial management experience.
NGN830,693 (excluding other benefits)
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for staying in touch with us
Pruvia Integrated Limited Recruitment
DICON Recruitment Portal Application
Aureole Consulting Limited Recruitment as Waitress
NNPC/Chevron Nigeria Limited Job Vacancy Recruitment Application Portal
Cummins Nigeria Recruitment Portal
Lekki Freeport Terminal Recruitment Portal
Rosettee Construction Company Recruitment Portal
Fan Milk Plc Recruitment Portal
Society for Family Health (SFH) Recruitment