This is to inform you that Berlin University of the Arts Fellowships 2023/2024 for International Students is now made available online. This is a graduate school for all interested Applicant.
The basic requirements and step to apply for Berlin University of the Arts Fellowships 2023/2024 for International Students is now updated below. Follow the steps we have been able to update below.
How to Apply for Berlin University of the Arts Fellowships 2023/2024 for International Students Graduate
The fellowship programme is aimed at graduates in all artistic and scientific disciplines who understand exchange with other disciplines as being an essential part of their work.
- The fellowship gives recipients the possibility to work intensively for two years on researching and producing or realising their own project.
- In addition, the Graduate School offers an opportunity for teaching and project integration within the framework of interdisciplinary collaborations between arts and sciences at the Berlin University of the Arts, as well as for individual supervision by professors from the areas of Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Music, and Architecture, Media and Design.
Benefits of Berlin University Fellowship Program
The following support is provided over the two-year period of the fellowship:
- A monthly bursary of €1,365 as contribution to living expenses as well as €103 material costs
- Grants for project research and production costs based on project needs and available funds
- Child allowance(s) where applicable
Individual office space that can be adapted as studio space subject to opening hours at the UdK Berlin
- Access to the wider range of the university’s facilities and resources (e.g. libraries, workshops, labs, courses), subject to availability
- Information and support for international students as provided by the UdK international office
Fellows are responsible for finding their own accommodation in Berlin.
- The UdK Berlin can assist with this to some extent through the International Student Services, but please note this is not a residency programme.
Requirements for Berlin University Fellowship Program Qualification
- The Berlin University of the Arts is committed to increasing its share of young female artists and scholars and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
- Applications are accepted in both German and English.
Interested persons are asked to submit an artistic or design project or research project that can be completed within two years.
Process and Venue for Berlin University Fellowship Program
- Candidates who are successful during the first stage will be informed by the beginning of May 2023 and invited to an interview.
The second stage consists of interviews, conducted either online or face to face.
- Candidates invited to the second stage are required to fill in the application form for the second stage.
- There you have the possibility to upload further supporting documents as one PDF file (maximum 10 MB):
- If relevant: details of a planned course to be taught at the UdK
The names of any proposed project partners
- A reference in a discipline that is central to this project (please provide contact details of the referee)
The application deadline is 10/05/2023 (23:59 CET).
The interviews are expected to take place in the second half of May 2023. Please be sure to make yourself available. You will be informed of the final outcome of your application by the beginning of June 2023.
Applications that are not submitted by the respective deadlines or fail to comply with formal requirements will not be considered
Documents Required for Application
Cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) addressing the following questions: How would your professional development benefit from a fellowship? What do you expect from the exchange between the Graduate School fellows? How do you see your contribution to this forum? Within which contexts do you situate your practice (artistically, socially, historically)?
Project outline, provisional schedule, budget and financing plan (no more than four A4 pages overall, minimum font size 11)
Copy of university degree certificate(s) (equivalent to a Master’s degree or Diploma) or proof of outstanding artistic aptitude and particular skills in your discipline, as attested by at least three years of successful professional practice in the form of certificates or other documents
Up to 3 work samples from your own artistic practice (online cross-references should be included as hyperlinks in the PDF).
How to Apply of berlin-university-of-the-arts-fellowships
- All Interested and qualified Applicant should visit Berlin University on www.udk-berlin.de to apply
- The first stage is completed online. Please upload the following documents as one PDF file (maximum 10 MB) in the Application Form
April 11, 2023
Mandela Rhodes Postgraduate Scholarship
Sheffield Hallam University Undergraduate/Masters Scholarships
JIM OVIA Foundation Scholarships
UBC Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmentl
University of Exeter Oppenheimer Impact Scholarship
Thanks for staying in touch with us
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.