We wish to invite you for LASU Postgraduate Admission Form Application. The LASU Postgraduate Studies…
Benue State University (BSU) Postgraduate Admission Form is inviting all interested Applicant for the ongoing application process for Benue State University (BSU) Postgraduate studies as required and qualified candidate for application. It’s important to note that all application closes 30 days.
Note the procedure for Benue State University (BSU) Postgraduate Admission Form application process and guildlines for online application form. Each Courses and Programmes have it’s requirement ensure you meet up with the requirements.
How to Apply for Benue State University (BSU) Postgraduate Admission Form
Benue State University (BSU) Postgraduate Admission Form Requirements
Applicants must, in the first instance, meet the relevant O’Level requirement for an award of a First Degree of the Benue State University:
- A Credit in English is required for all courses;
- A Credit in Mathematics is required for all Science based courses, Management Sciences, Economics and Faculty of Environmental Sciences;
- A Pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Sciences and non- Science Education Courses. Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Health Sciences;
‘O’ Level Credit pass in Economics is required for all Management Science courses and Economics;
- A Credit pass in ‘O’ Level Literature is required for programmes in the Departments of English, Languages & Linguistics, Theatre Arts and Law, while a Pass in Literature is required for Language Education programme;
- IJMB ‘0; Level Credit Pass in Mathematics and English are acceptable in place of Credit pass at SSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level English;
- NCE English major is acceptable in place of ‘0’ Level Literature;
NCE Use of English is acceptable in place of ‘0’ Level Credit pass in SSCE or GCE ‘0’ Level English.
- Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Health Science;
- In all cases, ‘A’ Level Passes supersedes ‘0’ Level Passes.
Master Degree Programmes (M.Sc, M.A. and M.Ed)
- Candidates must possess in addition to (i) above, a first relevant degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- For M.Sc Physiology and Anatomy, candidates must possess B.Sc. First Class or Second Class in Physiology of the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- Medical graduates of this University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University, who are fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
- ForM.Sc Mathematics and Computer Science, candidates must possess B.Sc. Mathematics or Computer Science respectively of the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Mathematics Education, Statistics, Mathematics/Statistics, Statistics/Computer Science or PGD in Mathematics or related field at a minimum pass level of 3.00/5.00 may be considered for M. Sc Mathematics while candidates with Bachelor’s degree in related fields like Mathematics, Physics, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, B.Sc (Ed) Computer and Information Management or PGD in Computer Science with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 may be considered for M. Sc Computer Science.
- Such candidates may be required to make up for any deficiencies by attending appropriate module(s) from the School’s undergraduate programme.
- M. Sc. Management and Master in Public Sector Accounting
Minimum of Second Class Lower Division (GPA 3.00) with Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Marketing, Management, Economics from recognized universities,
- Candidates must have attained a satisfactory level of performance in the University’s Admission Test & Interview.
- Candidates with PGDM from recognized universities and who have passed with a minimum of Upper Credit (GPA 3.50) may also be considered for admission provided the University’s matriculation requirements are satisfied.
- In addition, candidates must possess as in (i) above.
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes (PhD)
- Candidates in addition to (i & ii) above, must have a good Masters Degree with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 or ‘B’ grade from Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- For PhD. History, candidates with a Master of Philosophy degree may be admitted for the programme, or candidates who do not hold an M.A. in History will be required to take a number of 800 level courses for one academic session.
- For PhD programmes in the Faculty of Education and in the Department of Business Management in the Faculty of Management Sciences, candidates shall also be required to take a written and oral examination.
- Furthermore, Candidates for PhD programmes in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching and Department of Business Management are required to consult the Head of Department as to the availability of supervisors in the areas they wish to specialize in before applying.
- For PhD. Law applications should be accompanied by a research proposal.
- For PhD. Physiology and Anatomy, candidates must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
Master of Health Management (MHM)
Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form General Requirement Regulations
All programmes begin with Course Work and end at Project for Postgraduate Diplomas or Dissertation and Thesis for Master and PhD degrees, respectively. The duration of Degree/Diploma programmes are as follows:
a. Postgraduate Diploma programmes shall be of one-year minimum and two years maximum duration.
b. Master Degree programmes shall normally be of one academic year minimum duration for full-time and two years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not normally exceed two years for full-time and three years for part-time candidates.
c. Doctorate Degree programmes shall normally be of three years minimum duration for full-time and five years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not exceed five years for full-time and seven years for part-time candidates.
NOTE: Applicants must request their previous institutions to forward their Academic Transcripts to The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Benue State University, Makurdi. (Transcripts to be accompanied with transcript request forms which should be printed on the portal).
How to Apply for Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form
- Applicants are to visit https://portal.bsum.edu.ng/postGraduate.jsp and complete some pre-registration information and submit.
- Once submitted, an Application Number will be generated. Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Applicants would then proceed to the designated Bank (Fidelity) with the printed copy of the preregistration form and pay a non-refundable application fee of N 10,000 using the generated Application Number.
- After payment, applicants would be expected to re-visit the Benue State University Portal under Application and click on Postgraduate to complete the Application Form.
- Thenupload academic credentials and other relevant documents and submit them online.
- Please, print a hard copy of the completed form for reference purposes.
- Applicants are to ensure that the online reference forms are completed by the three referees.
Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form Notice
Please note that applications without relevant documents uploaded will not be considered.
Guidelines for filling application forms:
- Applicants should provide all information sought in the form. Applications with incomplete information shall be treated as void.
- The proposed course of study, including the area of specialization, if any, should be clearly stated.
- Applicantsshould ensure that their official transcripts of academic records are forwarded to the Postgraduate School by their former universities.
- Applications without official transcripts of academic records shall not be processed.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one Degree/Diploma programme at any given time.
The closing date of the application is 30 days from the date of the advertisement, after which the application shall attract an additional fee.
Thanks for staying in touch with us