The date for the next passing out parade has been fixed for Corp Members in…
Can you Calculate NYSC Age Limit? There are some crutial factors that enables one to be part of NYSC Mobilisation programme which is age. It is therefore important that every core member get to note How Calculate NYSC Age Limit for mobilization. Getting to know how to calculate it simply means you will be able to know if you are to get an exception letter or not.
If as a graduate you get to calculate an age for NYSC mobilization it simply means your mobilization status is guaranteed. While not take advantage of the process to take to calculate the age Recommended so you want fall prey.
How to Calculate NYSC Age Limit for NYSC Mobilisation
- As it is important to note that 30 years is the age limit for National Youth Service programme. Therefore, NYSC Certificate of exemption is issued to graduates that are 30 years and above at the point of graduation.
Note : NYSC exemption is equivalent to discharge certificate.
Exemption of Graduate from NYSC Mobilization
The following are what may exempt graduate from NYSC;
- Exceeds the age of 30 years
- Ex Nigerian military or para-military for one year or more
- Physically disabled person
Note : If you are a part-time graduate (CEP), exclusion letter will be given to you. Note that Exclusion Letter is less than discharge certificate. But certificate of exemption is equal to discharge certificate.
How to Calculate Age Limit for NYSC Mobilisation
Below is how NYSC calculate an age limit for mobilization;
- NYSC takes date of birth from information submitted to JAMB, they count starting from the date the person was born to the date he/she graduated from tertiary institution.
- If the person is above 30 years, as at the time of graduation, a letter of exemption will be issued to the person.
- if you exceed 30 years with one day at the point of graduation, you will be exempted from National Youth Service.
- Over the years, NYSC picks students date of birth from Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs) but when some schools manipulate age of their graduates, the scheme switched to JAMB for more accurate and reliable information.
- Moreover, peradventure candidate says there is a mistake on their Date of Birth as submitted to JAMB it is the duty of NYSC to confirm their O level data from WAEC (West African Examination Council.
Note: The date of graduation is usually written on your Degree or HND Certificate.
The graduation date is never the date one wrote his final exam or project defence, but the date Degree or HND is awarded.
NYSC Mobilisation Batches and Streams
NYSC usually take 3 Batches every year, Batch A, B and C. If the number of registered graduates is higher than expected for a Batch, NYSC would split the Batch into “Stream 1 & 2′ for logistic reasons.
Number of Graduate Mobilised for each Year
The number may vary from time to time. The direct answer is that there is no exact number, but it is roughly 40,000 graduates for each Batch.
NB : Anyone who exceed 30 years at the point of graduation will not take part in the National Youth Service Corps but will be awarded a certificate of exemption.
About National Youth Service Corp NYSC and Purpose for the Programme
- NYSC is a scheme established by the Federal Govt of Nigeria after the civil war with the primary aim of fostering unity, reconciliation, rebuild and reintegrate with one another to break the hard ice which was formed between Nigerians because of the civil war.
- Moreso, those eligible for this service are Nigerian youths who graduated from Universities and Polytechnic within or outside Nigeria before the age of 30. It means you are eligible to serve provided you graduated before 30 years.
- For instance, if someone graduated before 30 years, but did not serve because of one reason or the other f the person has attained 40 years, the person is eligible to serve since he/she graduated before 30 years.
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required on how to calculate NYSC Age limit for NYSC Mobilisation.
Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel and Facebook page Mummylizzysblog.com.ng is here to serve you well as expected.