Digital Innovation for Development in Africa DIDA PhD Fellowships is in sale. Be informed that the DIDA PhD Fellowships Program is currently onsale for all eligible Applicant who may wish to apply for the ongoing application process.
The requirements and qualifications for applying for the on going Applicant should have been DIDA PhD Fellowships Program.
How to Apply for Digital Innovation for Development in Africa DIDA PhD Fellowships
Benefits of DIDA PhD Fellowships
Scholarship is fully funded
DIDA PhD Fellowships Requirement and Qualification
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country and be suitably qualified to enter a PhD program at the host University.
- We expect that successful applicants will have a track-record of academic excellence, with a first class or upper second class (or equivalent) undergraduate degree and a relevant Masters degree (or clinical qualification).
- Applicant who do not have these qualifications but believe that they have equivalent relevant research or industrial experience should explain this clearly in their letter of motivation. For some projects additional eligibility criteria apply
Interview date, Process and Venue for DIDA PhD Fellowships
- Shortlisting. We will use the Curriculum Vitae and Letters of Motivation to shortlist applicants who can demonstrate that they have outstanding academic potential, and are scientifically curious, highlymotivated, hard-working, professional, and excellent team players, with a strong interest in thepotential of digital diagnostics technologies. We expect PhD fellows to demonstrate that they haveknowledge, skills and some experience relevant to the project(s) they wish to undertake, or that theycould easily gain relevant knowledge and skills.
- Interviews. Interviews will be conducted on-line. We will send further details to the candidates
shortlisted for interview. We will require proof of identity, proof of qualifications, and any other
relevant documentation to be presented at the interview.
- Interviews will be conducted by a diverse
and gender balanced panel from within the network, including representatives from host institutions.
- We will try to offer flexibility in interview dates and times, but due to the number of applications and
posts we may not be able to accommodate some requests.
- Although eligibility varies by project, our selection panel will aim to ensure our cohort of fellows is
diverse, and we will strive to ensure gender balance and representation of students from countries
with fewer opportunities for PhD funding, whilst also ensuring all fellows meet our rigorous selection
- After interview. Successful applicants will receive provisional confirmation of our intention to award
them PhD Fellowship funding. This does not mean that they have been accepted onto the PhD
- programme at the relevant University. Applicants must also apply and be accepted to study at the
- University where the Fellowship will be held (see Table 1) before funding can commence.
- Documents Required for Application
Completed application form
Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Letter of Motivation (maximum 1 page)
How to Apply for DIDA PhD Fellowships
Download Application Form (.docx format)
Applicants must submit all three of the following documents by email to the Digital Diagnostics for Africa Network Project Manager, Ms. Francesca Piffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 13, 2022
About Imperial College
Imperial College London is a world top ten university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines. Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges.
Thanks for staying in touch with us.