Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2022/2023 is right here to give every interested individual the opportunity on the procedures to go about the Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2022/2023 Application and registration. The online form is opened for different available jobs who may have the requirements for the offshore recruitment. The requirements and the procedures for application are all listed below, so do well to follow those that needs it.
Most importantly, the benefit of the Harvard Academy Scholars Program is that no matter the country you are you can make any country of your choice and ensure you fill in your required details as appropriate as it should. Our Team is ever ready to keep you posted.
How to Apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program
Harvard Academy Scholars Program
Eligibility for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
- The Academy Scholars Program is open to scholars from all countries and citizenships who have recently completed or are nearing completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences or law.
- The Academy Scholars Program is not a degree-granting program. If you have not recently completed or are not currently enrolled in a PhD or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences or law you are not eligible to apply for the Academy Scholars Program.
- Predoctoral candidates must have finished all field research and be well into the writing stage of their dissertation at the time of application, with an estimated completion date within 2022.
- If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of our October 1 application deadline. For October 1, 2021 applicants, you must have completed your PhD after September 30, 2018.
- Finalists must be available for a personal interview on our December 3, 2021 interview date. Depending on the public health situation at that time, this interview may be held over Zoom or may be in person.
- In the event the interviews are held in person, The Harvard Academy will pay for travel and hotel accommodations for the finalists to interview in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- PhD and Doctoral Students
How to Apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program
Benefits of the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000.
If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $35,000 until awarded the PhD.
- Research Travels, Research Assistants and Conferences is supplemented with the already paid stipend.
Full Health Insurance
Some teaching is permitted but not required.
Requirements for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
- All uploaded materials – your Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Research Proposal, and PhD Program Transcript – must be uploaded in PDF format.
The completed application must include 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted by the October 1st deadline.
- You will request Letters of Recommendation using the REQUEST button on the DASHBOARD. The
- DASHBOARD will first appear and be your homepage once you establish an account and begin an application. Recommenders will receive an email asking them to upload their letter in PDF format on this website. You will receive an email notification and the DASHBOARD will indicate when The
- Harvard Academy has received your letters.
The complete application will include an unofficial PDF version of your PhD Program Transcript uploaded through the DASHBOARD.
If you are selected in the top 30, we will ask you to have your University mail an official/validated copy of your PhD Program Transcript to The
- Harvard Academy.
Internet Browsers: Be sure to use the most current version of your browser. The preferred browser is Chrome.
The application process does not need to be completed all at once. To save an incomplete application, click SAVE before exiting. To return to work on your application another time, enter your Login ID (email address) and password, then click CONTINUE WITH APPLICATION.
- Submit your application by clicking on the FINAL REVIEW AND SUBMIT button at the top of the DASHBOARD. Your online application must be submitted by the October 1st deadline.
- We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid potential overload and website delays on October 1st.
How to Apply
All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of October 1. We do not accept late applications.
The completed application will include:
Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
A copy of your PhD program transcript
Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.”
Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline of October 1.
All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents.
About the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
- The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada.
- Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
- The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
- Academy Scholars are appointed for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas.
- The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
Do well to comment on this update if you have any questions as well as contributions to help get individuals inform on the latest development.
Don’t forget to rate this post and do well to subscribe to our Newsletter and Facebook page.
Click Here to join our WhatsApp group