Deputy Finance Manager Recruitment 2021/2022 is opened to interested candidate who which to settle as a force person either a male or a female. It is therefore important to note that anyone that wants to apply for the Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy Recruitment well to apply online. All the requirements and eligibility are all listed in this update. Ensure you adhere strictly to information in this update.
Deputy Finance Manager Recruitment 2021 is available and applicant should do well to read up this article in order not to make any form of mistake during. Keep scrolling to know what it takes to apply for the Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy Recruitment Application form.
How to Apply for Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy and Vision
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
- Develop and organize activities to secure resources for programs and convince stakeholders to provide support.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Supervise, train, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
General Position as Deputy Finance Manager for Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy
- Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Field Finance Manager, the Deputy Finance Manager will guide the Northeast Programs in adhering to the compliance procedures, assist in managing finance functions in the deep field offices, support budget preparation, monitoring and forecasting, support accounting function, and ensure banking and cash management.
- They support management to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and Mercy Corps policies and procedures
Work closely with Roving Finance Officer to support Finance in the deep fields, make sure the weekly and monthly financial reports submitted on time to Maiduguri.
Make sure the standard operating procedures for cash transfers to deep fields are followed.
Review payment and other documents for accuracy complete and compliance with Mercy Corps’ policies, donor regulations and local laws
Assist in the month-end accounting close process for Northeast program, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, navigator and all supporting documentation.
Guide finance team in field offices on document retention requirements and provide regular verification to ensure that all financial documents are properly labelled, filed and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM
Influence & Representation
Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments and other stakeholders.
Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Finance officers in the deep fields, and Roving Finance Officer
- Reports Directly to: Field Finance Manager.
- Works Directly with: Compliance and Finance department in Abuja, program and operational teams in Northeast Nigeria
Knowledge and Experience
- A University degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent is required.
- Five or more years of compliance and finance experience is required.
- Three years’ experience in the finance and compliance department of an international NGO is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Strong account and budgeting skills
- In-depth understanding of major donor rules, regulations, and implications on budgeting and budget monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in budget preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Knowledge of Hausa is preferred.
- Working experience in Northeast Nigeria a plus
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S / he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- In particular, the successful candidate will dedicate up to 40% of his/her time travelling to locations such as Damboa, Dikwa, Ngala, Bama, Gwoza and other LGAs of Northeast program based to the program needs. As part of the field travel, the team members may occasionally be required to stay and work in a stressful and challenging environment with very basic living conditions, strictly following security protocols at all times, and with irregular and longer working hours. souce;mummylizzysblog.com.ng
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s
policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply for Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy
- All Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in one document.
- Addressing the “Position requirements, Reference number and Location” to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are an equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline For Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy
All applicant should do well to stay in touch with us for all application Deadline as expected. All at the Deputy Finance Manager Recruitment official website.
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required. Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Stay in touch for more Mercy Corps Jobs in Nigeria