If you have been searching for a recruitable platform where you can apply for a…
This is to inform interested Applicant that Applications for fully funded Chevening Scholarships to study for one-year master’s degrees at UK universities are now open for Nigerians and All countries. Some Chevening Fellowships are also now open for applications. The general Eligibility and how to apply for federal government Scholarship Application is rightly seen in this portal.
In this regards, It is important that all interested and qualified Applicant get make use of this great opportunity to apply of this on going online registration. Ensure you go through this procedure inorder not to make any form of mistake or error. Get to know how to Study in the UK with Chevening. Nigerian seeking to further in UK MSc postgraduate programme should follow the procedure below.
How to Apply for UK Chevening Scholarships Portal
Applications for 2022/2023 Chevening Scholarships are now open.
- About UK Chevening Scholarships
Chevening is the UK government’s international scholarships programme. Funded by the Foreign,
- Commonwealth and Development Office and partner organisations, we offer awards to study in the UK for one year on a fully funded master’s degree course.
- Successful Chevening candidates come from a diverse range of countries and backgrounds, but they all demonstrate the passion, vision and skills needed to shape a better world.
Benefit of UK Chevening Scholarships
- There are many benefits to being selected, including fully funded tuition fees, access to some of the best quality education in the world, exclusive networking opportunities, and the chance to explore the UK’s diverse culture.
At the end of your scholarship, you’ll join our diverse community of over 50,000 global alumni.
- You’ll return home equipped with the knowledge and networks to bring your ideas to life and thrive in your career.
It doesn’t matter where you come from. It’s where you’re going that counts.
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
General Eligibility for Chevening Scholarships
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
- To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
- This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
What Disqualifies you for Chevening Scholarships
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKBA), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of
- Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Chevening scholarships.
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a
- Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfil your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
- Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria.
- Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here.
- If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
How to Apply for UK Chevening Scholarships Portal
- First of all visit the UK Chevening Scholarships Application Portal @ https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp
- Then enter your country and award you which to apply for either Scholarship or Fellowship
- Proceed to click on Apply Now
You will be redirected to where you will need to register or log in if you have an account before.
- All Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer.
- The deadlines for these required documents are in the Chevening application timeline. Use the ‘update my application’ button above to upload them.
- If you are conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you submit these documents in order to remain in the process.
Chevening Scholarships Application Deadline
- Open for applications until 2 November 2021, at 12:00 (GMT)
UK Chevening Scholarships Screenings, Selection updates and timelines
- You will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process.
You can also check your status on the online application system. Log in using your registration details.
- Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
- Due to the large number of applications received each year, we are unable to provide individual application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not contact your British embassy or high commission with application enquiries.
UK Chevening Scholarships Frequently Asked Questions
I am from an amber list country and will need to quarantine. How will I get food and supplies?
- Your university will be able to support you with getting food and supplies. Please make sure you let them know that you will need to quarantine upon arrival into the UK.
- Many supermarkets will deliver food and supplies directly to you. If you’re unsure how to use online delivery services, there are volunteers at your…
I have been asked to submit visa information – is this a legitimate request from Chevening?
- Yes, we have asked for additional information from scholars regarding their visa appointments. We hope to use it to assist with the procurement of scholar visas.
Can I stay in another country to avoid having to quarantine in the UK?
- If you believe this is a valid option for you and it would be your preference, then please contact your Programme Officer directly for more information.
I am coming with my family. Will Chevening pay for my dependents quarantine?
- Chevening will only pay for the scholars quarantine costs. It is possible to book quarantine packages for dependents via our travel company Diversity travel when a scholars is booked but it is the scholars responsibility to organise and pay for this.
Can I apply for the Graduate route visa and stay in the UK at the end of my course?
- No, Chevening Scholars cannot apply for a Graduate route visa. When you accept a Chevening Award, you agree to return home for two years at the end of your scholarship.
When should I submit references in support of my application?
- You are asked to supply the contact details of two referees when you submit your application. If your application is progressed, you must ensure you have uploaded two references to the online application system prior to your interview.
- Read about what we require from your references. Please note, fellows who are shortlisted for programmes following
I want to start a project with other alumni to support those affected by coronavirus (COVID-19). Can I use the Chevening brand?
- We are encouraged to see many alumni wanting to work together to support those affected by coronavirus. If you want to use Chevening branding for an alumni-run project, please email email@example.com, outlining the project and the branding that you would need. We will respond to you as soon as possible. Only approved requests may use Chevening branding.
Can I travel to a neighbouring country because my home country has closed its airports?
- We can only allow flights to a different country from your own if you are a resident there and intend on staying there.
- If you wish to book a flight to a third country, you will do so at your own risk, and the Secretariat would not be able to assist if you encounter problems
When will I receive my departure allowance?
Your departure allowance will be paid with your final stipend payment.
I have the chance to take a flight home that has been organised by my consulate – will I be reimbursed for this?
- Please contact your Programme Officer with the details, including the route, cost and date of travel, and it will be assessed.
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required on UK Chevening Scholarships Application.
Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel and Facebook page Mummylizzysblog.com.ng is here to serve you well as expected.