This is to inform the general public that the Jefferson…
Be informed that the African Union AU Media Fellowship Program is currently onsale for all eligible Applicant who may wish to apply for the ongoing application process.
The requirements and qualifications for applying for the on going Applicant should have been African Union AU Media Fellowship Program.
How to Apply for AU Media Fellowship
Benefits of African Union AU Media Fellowship
- International Study Trips and exposure
Certified workshops and webinars with renowned international partners such as Deutsche Welle,
- BBC Media Action, Hass-Plattner-Institute, the AU, and international media houses
- Access to AU leadership and policy makers and network with other Fellows
- Support from Senior Mentors and Institutions
- Fellows awarded grants to enable them to produce detailed stories
AU Media Fellowship Requirement and Qualification
- The AU Media Fellowship is open to journalists, bloggers, vloggers, content creators, and podcasters living on the continent or the diaspora.
- Fellows must be actively involved in innovative media either as a journalist or related field of work for at least three years with a demonstrable impact-driven track record.
- All applicants for the AU Media Fellowship must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience or in a related field. Internships and journalism-related
- work completed as a university student do not count as professional experience.
- Applicants may be affiliated or freelance journalists. However, all applicants must provide a reference letter or endorsement from a senior editor.
- Applicants must speak, read, and write English fluently in order to fully participate in and benefit from the Fellowship.
- With their application, the Fellows confirm willingness to report on
- African Union events and themes, as well as availability to be interviewed about the fellowship by international partners.
- The Fellows confirm willingness to participate in events and workshops for duration of the fellowship.
- Fellows must be able to travel to Berlin June 2022 and meet all criteria for eligibility for a Schengen Visa in their country, including but not limited to:
- Having a valid passport at least until December 2022
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ( Find out more details on the website of the German Embassy in your country.)
- We will provide you with the necessary documents needed for your visa application. You will be responsible for acquiring the visa.
- All travel costs will be reimbursed and covered by us.
Interview date, Process and Venue for AU Media Fellowship
June 2022 in-person training
Fellows meet in Germany, for a 2 week-long intensive media and advocacy camp.
June – September – Online Trainings and Networking
Fellows complete remote work with a mentor. Fellows and mentors focus on the Fellow’s outputs goals, and working towards tangible advocacy and policy objectives.
Fellows meet in-person or virtually for an intensive training and to present the results of the work period June – September.
October – December 2022
Remote work continues as Fellows receive support to write, pitch, and publish, complete media appearances, advocate for their work and broader policy change, and share their stories with targeted audiences.
Fellows meet in Addis Ababa to be introduced to the AU and to present the outcomes of the trainings.
January 2023 – April 2023
Fellows receive continued support from their mentor until the next class is announced.
April 2023 – Final Event and Certificates of Recognition
A closing event in Addis Abeba will formally close the fellowship. Fellows graduate to become Senior Fellows and become mentors for the next cohort of AU Media Fellows.
Documents Required for Application
Resume: Please use a standard format (no picture, religion or marital status).
Coverletter: A one-page document outlining your motivation, qualifications, and experience.
Proposal: Please include the following three sections:
Story proposals: Please include a short description of the stories you plan to cover (about 200 words each), and whom you plan to contact for interviews.
Publication plan: Specify your plan for publication (language and target publication).
Social media: Briefly explain how you plan to engage with the African Union Commission in the course of the fellowship.
Work samples: Please submit two work samples. If your work samples are in other forms of media (e.g. video) please email us and we will accommodate these requests
How to Apply for African Union AU Media Fellowship
Email your submission here: email@example.com
For more details,visit Application Portal
About African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999).
African Union AU Media Fellowship Application Deadline
- April 30, 2022
Thanks for staying in touch with us