This is to inform the general public that the NPower Registration Portal 2021 is now opened…
So far the National Identification Number is been done in any Registration outlet previously but the federal government has officially opened the NIN Online Registration Portal for Nigerian Citizens. Therefore, all citizens who hasn’t done their own NIN Registration should follow the procedure below to apply for getting yourself your NIN to enable you get link it link up with your network service providers as expected as it should.
The Federal government has dim it fit to ensure that the environment will not be crowded as it stands that the Covid 19. Follow the instructions below to apply. Keep reading for the step by step enrollment process.
NIN Online Registration Portal
What is the full meaning of NIN and what do I need to know about NIN?
Full meaning of NIN
NIN means National Identification Number. It consists of 11 non- intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual after completing enrollment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
NIN is always assigned to an individual once. Meanwhile, it can never be reassigned, given or used by two individuals or making it unique in a way.
National Identification Number is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established. That’s in a case of death.
Note that citizens of Nigeria and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NIN and shouldn’t be shared or link with another person phone number.
What is NIN used for ?
Uses of NIN
National Identification Number is used to match you with your biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication.
In the same vein, NIN is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you will be using your NIN for the following;
- Obtaining your National e-ID card
- Travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- Opening personal bank accounts
- Getting your driver’s license
- Obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
- Participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- Payment of your taxes
- Transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- Access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- Transactions with social security implications
- Land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- Moreso, any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
Documents Needed to Enroll for NIN Online Registration Portal
Below are the necessary documents needed for enrollment form of NIN Online Registration.
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
Procedure to Enroll for NIN Online Registration Portal
- Fill up the pre-enrolment form online, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Fill the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal.
- All the mandatory fields need to be completely filled with correct information.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip
2. First go into the NIN Registration centre with Original and Valid supporting documents.
- At Enrolment Center, you will be directed to a counter where our Enrolment Officer will verify the presence and compliance of all details of your application.
- If your application is in order, Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image). You will collect the Transaction ID Slip as evidence of the transaction.
- The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to validation of details at NIMC. VFS has no role to play to expedite for such cases.
- The Transaction ID Slip is required to be stored carefully by the applicant as it is required to be presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment.
- Applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Minor applicants should be accompanied by parents/guardians can do the form filling for them.
- Minor applicants should only bring an original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parent / Guardian.