Are you searching for UI Postgraduate Admission form? This to inform the general public that University Postgraduate Admission Form is opened for sale and ongoing. Therefore, all Applicant who is willing to study using their general Eligibility and It’s requirements for registration and online Application. Do well to note the procedure to apply for the application either Masters or PhD is seen in this update. Read carefully below for a step by step instructions and guidelines.
The requirements for online registration and Application are all listed in this update and platform. The following are the right requirements to apply for the UI Postgraduate Supplementary Admission form various Application. For registration do well to make use of the comments for your questions when you are done going through the process. Get to apply for UI Postgraduate Admission form below.
Read This : FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form for Academic Session
How to Apply for UI Postgraduate Supplementary Admission form
This is to inform the general public that the Universities of ibadan postgraduate supplementary admission form is now released. All eligible and interested Applicant are to visit the postgraduate school portal at app.pgcollegeui.com to apply.
Test of proficiency in English date will be Scheduled and communicated to you.
Official Website is pgcollege.uiledu.ng
General Eligibility for UI Postgraduate Admission form
- The basic qualification for admission to all postgraduate Courses and Programmes is a first degree of the University of Ibadan or degree/Higher National Diploma of other recognized Institutions in the relevant discipline. Where qualifications are not strictly in the area of admission, remedial courses, which may lead to additional periods of studentship, may be prescribed.
- In addition to individual Departmental requirements, applicants must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan, i.e. five ‘O’Level credit passes at ONE sitting, or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings including English Language and subject areas for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Educational Management and Economics and at least a pass in Mathematics for other Social Science Courses OR Holder of NCE must have credit passes in WASC or credit or merit passes in TC II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant matriculation subjects.
- Candidates for the degree of M.Phil and PhD are admitted in the first instance to the Degree of Master Programme. However, candidates who, in addition to a good first degree, and already holding acceptable postgraduate degrees, may be considered for direct admission to the
M. Phil and PhD. Programmes
Click Here to join our WhatsApp group
Basic Information and General Requirement
1. All interested candidates are expected to have a personal e-mail address which
must not be shared with others for the purpose of this application.
(If you wish to get an e-mail account free, please visit any of these sites: www.yahoo.com,
www.hotmail.com, www.live.com, www.rocketmail.com, www.ymail.com,
www.gmail.com or any other site that provides e-mail services.)
2. The Postgraduate School, UI requires all applicants to have one telephone line to
which text messages (SMS) could be sent.
3. All applicants are expected to be able to browse and check their e-mails from
time to time.
4. Carefully read the prospectus to verify that the programme you are seeking
admission into, is available and you have the basic qualifications required for
admission into the programme
5. If you have questions about qualifications and programmes, Please call the
information Officer on 09090561432, 09086464623
6. If you have found a programme that you wish to apply for and you have the
required basic qualifications, please click the ‘New Application Process’ button
7. Having satisfied step 1, each applicant would be requested to supply Names,
Country of Origin, e-mail Address, phone number, country code and country of
residence . A mail containing an application number and a password would be
sent to the supplied e-mail address and the applicant would be requested to
retrieve and supply these to confirm the e-mail Address. (It is very important that
each applicant supplies a valid and accessible e-mail address)
8. Each applicant will then be required to select the programme he/she intends to
apply for. An Invoice will be generated which you will pay at any branch of the
banks listed on the invoice or pay online via the payment portal. (Foreigners
would be expected to pay into the international account of the PG School
specified on the invoice or use international cards ). Please note that if you are applying for the degree of Master or PGD, you would be required to take an
English Proficiency test.
9. Following payment the applicant can commence the application procedure.
Please note that you would be asked to upload scanned copies of your
credentials. The credentials would include;
(a) NYSC certificate or Call Up letter [if you are currently on the service] (if you
are a Nigerian)
(b) Marriage Certificate (if you are female and married)
(c) Degree/ Diploma Certificate(s) (e.g. First Degree, Masters, HND, (Please
note that if your certificate is not yet ready, you could select to supply an
attestation letter in the meantime)
(d)O/A Level results – WAEC/GCE/NECO or certificates acceptable to the
University of Ibadan
(e) Any professional certificate that you may possess
(f) Any other relevant documents to support your Application
10.To facilitate the process you are advised to prepare the scanned copies of these
documents as well as your passport photograph (600 pixel in length and 480
pixel in breath) . The minimum size for a page is 6KB while the maximum size is
200KB. Only JPG, JPEG and PNG formats are accepted
11.Applicants will be required to supply the names and e-mail addresses of 3
individuals who would serve as your referees, All 3(Three) MUST be your former
teacher/lecturer upon submission of form online, referees would be contacted
via e-mail and directed to our e-referee portal to supply the needed information
12.After completion of all data entry, applicant will be required to review all
information .All information may be corrected except the E-mail address and
Country of Origin . Complaints are lodge directly with the Information Officer of
the PG school
13.Are you satisfied with the review? click the submit form.
14.Print a copy of the Transcript Label to be sent along with your transcript request
to your previous School. The Transcript Label must accompany to each transcript
back to UI (UI graduates need not submit Transcript).
15.Application forms are submitted online. Do not submit printed copies at
PGSCHOOL until you are granted admission and invited for clearance.
16.Applicant shall receive e-mail from the PG School on their application status.
Applicants are advised to regularly log-on to the PG School Application portal to
check on their application status.
List of Approved Courses Offered in UI Postgraduate School –
UI Postgraduate Courses
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil), Master of Public Health (M.P.H.), Degree of Master (M.A., M.Sc., M.Ed, LL.M), These are available in the following Faculties and disciplines:
Islamic Studies; Arabic & Islamic Studies; Archaeology; Anthropology; Classics; English (Literature & Language); History; Communication & Language Arts; Linguistics & African Languages; Nigeria Languages (Yoruba); French Studies, Translation, Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies, European Studies; Philosophy, Religious Studies; and Theatre Arts.
Archaeology; Anthropology; Botany; Microbiology; Chemistry; Industrial Chemistry; Computer Science; Geography (Physical); Geology; Mathematics; Physics; Statistics; and Zoology.
(a) Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomy; Biochemistry; Chemical Pathology; Haematology; Pharmacology & Therapeutics; Physiology; and Virology.
(b) Clinical Sciences
Anaesthesia; Nursing; Psychiatry; Paediatrics; Physiotherapy; and Surgery. Community Health, Occupational Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Opthalmology, Radiotherapy.
d) Public Health
Biostatistics; Epidemiology and Medical Statistics; Epidemiology; Field Epidemiology; Environmental Health; Human Nutrition; Medical Demography; Health Promotion and Education; Population and Reproductive Health Education, Reproductive and Family Health, Health Policy and Management, Health Services Administration, Institute of Child Health.
Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Microbiology; Clinical Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Pharmacognosy.
(v) Agriculture and Forestry
Crop Protection and Environmental Biology; Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Extension and Rural Development; Agricultural Extension; Rural Sociology; Rural Communication; Home Economics; Agronomy; Animal Science; Forest Resources Management; Wildlife Management and Fisheries Management; Agricultural Biochemistry and Nutrition.
(vi) The Social Sciences
Economics; Geography (Human); Political Science; Sociology; Psychology; Urban and Regional Planning.
Adult Education; Literacy Training and Development; Educational Management; Guidance and Counselling; Counselling Psychology; Special Education; Library, Archival & Information Studies; Human Kinetics & Health Education; Teacher Education; School Media: Media Resource Management.
(viii) Africa Regional Centre for Information Science (ARCIS)
(a) Analysis, Design and Evaluation or Organisational Information Systems Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Studies of Information Phenomena in Organisations. Development and Application of Information Resource Management Systems and Technologies Development and Evaluation of Organizational and National Information Policies. Development and Evaluation of Information System.
(b) Design, Evaluation and Marketing of Commercial Information Products and Services.
(c) Development Information Systems
(d) Education for Information Science
(e) Information in Public Policy
(f) Information Systems
(g) Information Technologies
(i) Macro–Economics Studies of the Information Economy and Society
(j) Scholarly Communication in Science and Technology
(ix) Abadina Media Resource Centre
Master of School Media (MSM) (Academic) Master of Media Resource Management (MMRM) (Professional)
(x) Institute of Education
Educational Evaluation (Construction and Validation of Measurement Instrument; Evaluation of Educational Achievement; Public Examinations, Programme Evaluation; Curriculum Evaluation and Psychological Testing) In-Service M.Ed Programmes in Curriculum Development and Educational Evaluation. The programmes will run four semesters.
(xi) Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Anatomy; Veterinary Medicine; Tropical Veterinary Medicine; Veterinary Microbiology; Veterinary Parasitology; Veterinary Pathology; Veterinary Physiology; Veterinary Pharmacology; Veterinary Surgery, Veterinary Reproduction; Veterinary Public Health & Preventive Medicine (Master of Veterinary Public Health, Master of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, and M.Sc.
Epizootiology). MVSc. Veterinary Medicine Option in Avian Medicine Companion Animal Medicine, Fish and Aquatic Medicine and Food Animal Medicine.
* The M.Sc. Veterinary Microbiology runs for two sessions.
* Agricultural and Environmental Engineering; Wood Products Engineering; Food Technology;
** Industrial & Production Engineering; Petroleum Engineering; Civil Engineering; ***Mechanical Engineering; ****Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
* Those whose first degrees are NOT in Agricultural Engineering will be required to spend an additional two semesters on the programme.
** Those whose first engineering degrees are NOT in Industrial Engineering will be required to spend an additional semester on the programme.
*** M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering is a three semesters full-time or six semesters part-time programme.
*** Ph.D Programme only.
Master of Law (LL.M)
The LL.M Degree Programme is conducted on an interdepartmental basis.
(xiv) Institute of African Studies
Anthropology; History; Religion and Belief System; African Music; Dance Studies; Visual Arts; African Law; Peace and Conflict Studies.
M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D in Peace and Conflict Studies
UI Postgraduate Study Course Duration
- The minimum duration for any Master programme in the University of Ibadan is three semesters of
Edo State University Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Academic Session & How to Apply
UI Postgraduate School Fees
I got a friend of mine who had his UI Postgraduate programme in Physics 2013 and the tuition fee then was N100.850 for first semester and N48,000 for third semester. Therefore, budget N100k-N150k.
UI Postgraduate Application Payment
- Application forms cost N13,000 for academic programmes and N18,000 for professional programmes.
- Applicants for the Master and Postgraduate Diploma degree are to pay an extra N3,000:00 for a test of proficiency in English Language.
Read This : Swansea University Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/2024 Scheme & How to Apply
- Admission Requirements for the Department of Food Tech.; “candidates with B.Sc degrees in
Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Microbiology, Nutrition, and Chemistry will
be required to spend an additional 2 semesters on the programme”..
- The minimum duration for any Master programme in the University of Ibadan is three semesters of
- In addition to individual departmental course requirements, candidates should please note that in
accordance with the University’s regulation, they must satisfy the O’level first degree matriculation
requirements of the University of Ibadan i.e. 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at ONE sitting or 6 ‘O’ level
- credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Economics and Educational Management.
- Candidates with NCE must have credit passes in WASCE, NECO or merit or credit passes in Teacher
- Certificate Grade II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant
- With the exception of programmes that are both academic and professional (e.g. LLM, M.P.H.,
M.Inf.Sc., M.L.I.S., M.A.R.M., and M.P.C.S.) only candidates with an academic Master’s degree may be considered for higher academic programmes such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
- Further information on the
admission requirements can be obtained from the website of the Postgraduate College.
How to Apply for UI Postgraduate Admission form
- All Applicant should do well to visit the University of Ibadan Application Portal @ http://www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/
- Then proceed to fill in all Applicant information and identity to apply for the registration.
- Then upload the right requirements for application. UI Postgraduate Admission form
Other Important Guidelines to Apply for Online Registration
- All application forms are to be submitted on-line. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC.
- Incomplete payment from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application.
- A candidate may apply to only one department or programme.
- Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically
- Acknowledgement of Application
Applicants would be informed electronically (through the email addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in processing their forms.
- Letters of Recommendation
The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work.
- Pls note that the referee forms are available online, to be completed and submitted electronically.
Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Postgraduate School.
- If the registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference.
- To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
UI Official Website
NOTE : You are to fill out the form to start a new application or log in to continue an existing application. Please note that Change of name is not allowed in the University of Ibadan except for ladies on marital ground.
The Postgraduate College,
University of Ibadan
Phone: (+234) 909-0561462
The Admission Officer
About University of Ibadan (UI)
- The university was founded in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of many colleges within University of London.
- It became an independent university in 1963 and is the oldest degree awarding institution in Nigeria.
- University of Ibadan has 15 halls of residence which provide accommodation for about 30% of the population of students in the regular studies mode.
- Some of the popular halls in the university include Lord Tedder Hall, Kenneth Mellanby Hall, Sultan Bello Hall, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, Independence Hall, Tafawa Balewa Hall, Kuti Hall, Queen Idia Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Obafemi Awolowo Hall — which is the largest female hall in West Africa.
- The University has a total staff strength of 5,339 with 1,212 housing units for both senior and junior staff. The university has residential and sports facilities for staff and students on campus, as well as separate botanical and zoological gardens.
- Call UI PG School for more Enquiry – 09071871740
UNILORIN Postgraduate Courses for 2023/2024 Admission and Requirements
UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form
Salem University Postgraduate Admission Form
Ajayi Crowther University Postgraduate Admission Form
Al-Hikmah University Postgraduate Admission Form
BUK Postgraduate Admission Form
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form
University of Technology Sydney Postgraduate Scholarship
George Swinburne STEM Postgraduate Scholarship
Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission Form
University of Nigeria Nsuka (UNN) Postgraduate Admission Form
Postgraduate Scholarship Programme at University Of Southampton
Application portal is http://app.pgcollegeui.com:8080/application/
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required. Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Like our Facebook page and our Twitter handle below. Mummylizzysblog.com.ng is here to serve you well as expected.
Do well to also ask questions where necessary. Also ensure you Subscribe to our Newsletter with your email address.
Click Here to join our WhatsApp group
How much is Master’s form in University of Ibadan.
Elizabeth, it’s 13k-16…always keep in touch with our team for other info.
I studied computer engineering in my first degree. Can I studied petroleum engineering in my msc?
Peter, while applyiing for MSc. you are to fill the course (computer Engineering) you have degree in… Meanwhile, You can only apply for Petroleum Engineering when you must have back it’s degree.
I want to know if MSc form is currently on sales and pls is it a most for me to get my transcript ready before applying or after I might have applied. Tnks as I await your response.
Yetunde, the Msc. Form is currently on sale…do well to go through “basic information and requirements” in this article for more clearification. Feel free if you got any further questions…And do well to refear your colleagues to this update…