Are you search for UI Postgraduate Admission form? This to inform the general that University Postgraduate Admission Form is opened for all Applicant who is willing to study using their general Eligibility and It’s requirements for registration and online Application. Do well to note the procedure to apply for the applicant and either masters or PhD.
The requirements for online registration and Application are all listed in this update and platform. The following are the right requirements to apply for the various Application. For registration do well to make use of the comments for your questions when when you are done going through the process. Keep up reading for UI Postgraduate Admission form below.
How to Apply for UI Postgraduate Admission form
General Eligibility for UI Postgraduate Admission form
- The basic qualification for admission to all postgraduate Courses and Programmes is a first degree of the University of Ibadan or degree/Higher National Diploma of other recognized Institutions in the relevant discipline. Where qualifications are not strictly in the area of admission, remedial courses, which may lead to additional periods of studentship, may be prescribed.
- In addition to individual Departmental requirements, applicants must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan, i.e. five ‘O’Level credit passes at ONE sitting, or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings including English Language and subject areas for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Educational Management and Economics and at least a pass in Mathematics for other Social Science Courses OR Holder of NCE must have credit passes in WASC or credit or merit passes in TC II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant matriculation subjects.
- Candidates for the degree of M.Phil and PhD are admitted in the first instance to the Degree of Master Programme. However, candidates who, in addition to a good first degree, and already holding acceptable postgraduate degrees, may be considered for direct admission to the
M. Phil and PhD. Programmes
List of Approved Courses Offered in UI Postgraduate School –
UI Postgraduate Courses
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil), Master of Public Health (M.P.H.), Degree of Master (M.A., M.Sc., M.Ed, LL.M), These are available in the following Faculties and disciplines:
Islamic Studies; Arabic & Islamic Studies; Archaeology; Anthropology; Classics; English (Literature & Language); History; Communication & Language Arts; Linguistics & African Languages; Nigeria Languages (Yoruba); French Studies, Translation, Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies, European Studies; Philosophy, Religious Studies; and Theatre Arts.
Archaeology; Anthropology; Botany; Microbiology; Chemistry; Industrial Chemistry; Computer Science; Geography (Physical); Geology; Mathematics; Physics; Statistics; and Zoology.
(a) Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomy; Biochemistry; Chemical Pathology; Haematology; Pharmacology & Therapeutics; Physiology; and Virology.
(b) Clinical Sciences
Anaesthesia; Nursing; Psychiatry; Paediatrics; Physiotherapy; and Surgery. Community Health, Occupational Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Opthalmology, Radiotherapy.
d) Public Health
Biostatistics; Epidemiology and Medical Statistics; Epidemiology; Field Epidemiology; Environmental Health; Human Nutrition; Medical Demography; Health Promotion and Education; Population and Reproductive Health Education, Reproductive and Family Health, Health Policy and Management, Health Services Administration, Institute of Child Health.
Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Microbiology; Clinical Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Pharmacognosy.
(v) Agriculture and Forestry
Crop Protection and Environmental Biology; Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Extension and Rural Development; Agricultural Extension; Rural Sociology; Rural Communication; Home Economics; Agronomy; Animal Science; Forest Resources Management; Wildlife Management and Fisheries Management; Agricultural Biochemistry and Nutrition.
(vi) The Social Sciences
Economics; Geography (Human); Political Science; Sociology; Psychology; Urban and Regional Planning.
Adult Education; Literacy Training and Development; Educational Management; Guidance and Counselling; Counselling Psychology; Special Education; Library, Archival & Information Studies; Human Kinetics & Health Education; Teacher Education; School Media: Media Resource Management.
(viii) Africa Regional Centre for Information Science (ARCIS)
(a) Analysis, Design and Evaluation or Organisational Information Systems Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Studies of Information Phenomena in Organisations. Development and Application of Information Resource Management Systems and Technologies Development and Evaluation of Organizational and National Information Policies. Development and Evaluation of Information System.
(b) Design, Evaluation and Marketing of Commercial Information Products and Services.
(c) Development Information Systems
(d) Education for Information Science
(e) Information in Public Policy
(f) Information Systems
(g) Information Technologies
(i) Macro–Economics Studies of the Information Economy and Society
(j) Scholarly Communication in Science and Technology
(ix) Abadina Media Resource Centre
Master of School Media (MSM) (Academic) Master of Media Resource Management (MMRM) (Professional)
(x) Institute of Education
Educational Evaluation (Construction and Validation of Measurement Instrument; Evaluation of Educational Achievement; Public Examinations, Programme Evaluation; Curriculum Evaluation and Psychological Testing) In-Service M.Ed Programmes in Curriculum Development and Educational Evaluation. The programmes will run four semesters.
(xi) Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Anatomy; Veterinary Medicine; Tropical Veterinary Medicine; Veterinary Microbiology; Veterinary Parasitology; Veterinary Pathology; Veterinary Physiology; Veterinary Pharmacology; Veterinary Surgery, Veterinary Reproduction; Veterinary Public Health & Preventive Medicine (Master of Veterinary Public Health, Master of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, and M.Sc.
Epizootiology). MVSc. Veterinary Medicine Option in Avian Medicine Companion Animal Medicine, Fish and Aquatic Medicine and Food Animal Medicine.
* The M.Sc. Veterinary Microbiology runs for two sessions.
* Agricultural and Environmental Engineering; Wood Products Engineering; Food Technology;
** Industrial & Production Engineering; Petroleum Engineering; Civil Engineering; ***Mechanical Engineering; ****Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
* Those whose first degrees are NOT in Agricultural Engineering will be required to spend an additional two semesters on the programme.
** Those whose first engineering degrees are NOT in Industrial Engineering will be required to spend an additional semester on the programme.
*** M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering is a three semesters full-time or six semesters part-time programme.
*** Ph.D Programme only.
Master of Law (LL.M)
The LL.M Degree Programme is conducted on an interdepartmental basis.
(xiv) Institute of African Studies
Anthropology; History; Religion and Belief System; African Music; Dance Studies; Visual Arts; African Law; Peace and Conflict Studies.
M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D in Peace and Conflict Studies
UI Postgraduate School Fees
I got a friend of mine who had his UI Postgraduate programme in Physics 2013 and the tuition fee then was N100.850 for first semester and N48,000 for third semester. Therefore, budget N100k-N150k.
UI Postgraduate Application Payment
- Application forms cost N13,000 for academic programmes and N18,000 for professional programmes.
- Applicants for the Master and Postgraduate Diploma degree are to pay an extra N3,000:00 for a test of proficiency in English Language.
How to Apply for UI Postgraduate Admission form
- All Applicant should do well to visit the University of Ibadan Application Portal @ http://www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/
- Then proceed to fill in all Applicant information and identity to apply for the registration.
- Then upload the right requirements for application.
Other Important Guidelines to Apply for Online Registration
- All application forms are to be submitted on-line. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC.
- Incomplete payment from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application.
- A candidate may apply to only one department or programme.
- Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically
- Acknowledgement of Application
Applicants would be informed electronically (through the email addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in processing their forms.
- Letters of Recommendation
The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work.
- Pls note that the referee forms are available online, to be completed and submitted electronically.
Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Postgraduate School.
- If the registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference.
- To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline. Official website
About University of Ibadan (UI)
- The university was founded in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of many colleges within University of London.
- It became an independent university in 1963 and is the oldest degree awarding institution in Nigeria.
- University of Ibadan has 15 halls of residence which provide accommodation for about 30% of the population of students in the regular studies mode.
- Some of the popular halls in the university include Lord Tedder Hall, Kenneth Mellanby Hall, Sultan Bello Hall, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, Independence Hall, Tafawa Balewa Hall, Kuti Hall, Queen Idia Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Obafemi Awolowo Hall — which is the largest female hall in West Africa.
- The University has a total staff strength of 5,339 with 1,212 housing units for both senior and junior staff. The university has residential and sports facilities for staff and students on campus, as well as separate botanical and zoological gardens.
Do well to make good use of the comments box below to ask questions as required. Ensure you rate this update and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Like our Facebook page and my Twitter handle below. Mummylizzysblog.com.ng is here to serve you well as expected.
Do well to also ask questions where necessary. Also ensure you Subscribe to our Newsletter with your email address.